The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsProgramming ForumWho can program?

9 3963
2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

I'm sorry. This question may have already been asked, but I couldn't find one.
My question is, can any Armor Games member post a game on Armor Games? What are the protocols in place for what games are used?
I do a bit of programming myself, so I was curious if I would be able to design a game for this site.

• 9 Replies
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Anyone can submit a game that they made, but it has to pass AG's quality standards. If you make a game, submit it on Kongregate or other website, and if it gets a good rating and a lot of plays, submit it here.

2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

What are the quality standards for Armor Games then? I can't find anything related to that on this site.

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

Just play some games on the site and you can get a idea of the quality standards

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

What are the quality standards for Armor Games then? I can't find anything related to that on this site.

Pretty high, not something you slapped together in a week. You have to have a good understanding of flash and as3 with their respected application to game development. Most people who make games have either spent a couple years seriously studying it or are a CS student or have a degree.
Xinito
Xinito
109 posts
Nomad

You have to have a good understanding of flash and as3

as2 isn't allowed??
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

as2 isn't allowed??

It is not no one really bothers with it anymore.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

It is allowed, no one really bothers with it anymore.

Sorry for double post.

yz125
yz125
256 posts
Peasant

*I raise my hand and wait patiently* . Lol , yes i program , i have alot of experience at it as well. I made my own Frameware for ps3, Very hard to do, but it has been done befor.

yz125
yz125
256 posts
Peasant

Sorry should have mention i could help you make a game , i'm still looking for someone else that knows how to code in notepad. i've came very close in making a game befor. Message me on my profile pls.

Showing 1-9 of 9