ForumsThe TavernMind Readers

24 3054
daniel5533
daniel5533
160 posts
Nomad

Do you think mind readers exists because sometimes i feel like someone is trying to access my mind. Has that ever happen to you?

• 24 Replies
eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

I don't think so, but sometimes I think if someone could read my mind. I'd get in alot of trouble

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

lol that's true. there was one time someone told me that if you say in your mind "if you can read my mind, cough." when i say that, and no one coughs, i feel safe.

one time one of my friends that's a girl, wanted this one guy to go down to the beach with her, by sending him telepathic messages. it worked.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I don't know, sometimes I get paranoid and think they could, but I'm 99% sure it's impossible. For all I know, it could be a real thing, but since people don't typically say they can, I would have to read their minds to know and if I did that, then it would be possible...but I can't. And that's the end of my confusing reply.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Do you think mind readers exists because sometimes i feel like someone is trying to access my mind.

My advice to you is either that you see a psychoanalyst/therapist, or that you should stop thinking you're special. After all, ask yourself, why would anyone care about what's in your mind?

one time one of my friends that's a girl, wanted this one guy to go down to the beach with her, by sending him telepathic messages. it worked.

That's ridiculous, it would have worked anyway.And who doesn't like going down to the beach?
TheSquidNation
TheSquidNation
78 posts
Nomad

Umm about the someone-trying-to-read-your-mind feeling, I would recommend medical help.. because that just sounds creepy

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

sometimes i feel like someone is trying to access my mind

Methinks you're an itty bit paranoid. If someone could read minds, they'd most likely not use it on random people, they'd more likely be using it on celebrities, important political people like presidents, maybe terrorists because sometimes you just wonder what the hell is going on in those messed up heads of theirs. Either way, even if the ability to read people's minds did exist, which it doesn't, you'd most likely never be the victim of it.

As suggested before, you might want to get professional help.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

lol that's true. there was one time someone told me that if you say in your mind "if you can read my mind, cough." when i say that, and no one coughs, i feel safe.

Maybe they didn't cough on purpose. To make you feel safe... *evil laughter*

I can only join myself to Efan's opinion. And add that, if your friend wanted that guy to go down on the beach with her so badly, she surely sent other signs (eye contact, posture or gesture or such) that the guy noticed (consciously or unconsciously)
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Seems legit.

Other than that, I'm 99% sure that mind readers exist. After all, there's always that one guy who always seems to know what you're thinking.

she surely sent other signs (eye contact, posture or gesture or such) that the guy noticed (consciously or unconsciously)

What did she do? Motion wildly in the direction of the beach? Unless you live really close to the beach. I personally would be counting that out.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Other than that, I'm 99% sure that mind readers exist. After all, there's always that one guy who always seems to know what you're thinking.

...chance?
I can understand it, at one point I was unsure about it too, because there are these moments when you think of something, or read an article, and then someone asks you a question about it. Or similar occurences. I asked myself if maybe our brain's neural activity could be creating a sort of weak electrical field that could influence other's 'field' to a certain degree.
Later I came to the conclusion that there really isn't any possibility how someone can read someone's mind; I mean, how would that work? We're giving such lucky occurences too much importance and in the same time we don't even ask ourselves how it would actually work.
Give me one way it would be possible to do so, and I might think again about it. With our current knowledge I can rather safely say that there is no possibility for such a thing. Even though it sounds cool (and dangerous).

What did she do? Motion wildly in the direction of the beach? Unless you live really close to the beach. I personally would be counting that out.

No, much more subtle. Like I said, we are able to recognize some subtle signs even unconsciously. For example we seem to underestimate our olfactory sense in relation to body odors. We don't have distinct pheromones nor the organ to smell those (though there are controversies about that), but we can decipher some olfactory signals.
Not that in this case I think it has been done via smell^^ But yes, I did assume they were near the beach. Why should I not? Koru7 didn't specify anything.
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

Even if people could read your mind, they would probably not get much out of it. If you have a secret, you wont think of it over and over again non-stop, you'll just have it in your memory and think about it occasionally. The only thoughts they'd be able to hear would be the ones going through your head at that moment, and they're usually nonsense like "Holy crap, that guy walks like a penguin!" and "I wonder if you can fry watermelons..."

Anyways, mind reading is as much bull**** as seeing the future by looking into a crystal ball, speaking with the dead and astrology.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I really wouln't want anyone to read my mind. My mind is usally the randomiest thoughts that pop into my mind. I mean, it would be okay if the thought changed, but they don't. Whatever I start to think of turns into an entire story if I don't think of something else. The thoughts I have are crazy, random and ridiculous all the time. that's why i keep them to myself.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

...chance?
I can understand it, at one point I was unsure about it too, because there are these moments when you think of something, or read an article, and then someone asks you a question about it. Or similar occurences. I asked myself if maybe our brain's neural activity could be creating a sort of weak electrical field that could influence other's 'field' to a certain degree.
Later I came to the conclusion that there really isn't any possibility how someone can read someone's mind; I mean, how would that work? We're giving such lucky occurences too much importance and in the same time we don't even ask ourselves how it would actually work.
Give me one way it would be possible to do so, and I might think again about it. With our current knowledge I can rather safely say that there is no possibility for such a thing. Even though it sounds cool (and dangerous).

Alright, I may be going to sound like a total and utter jerk here, but:

I was being sarcastic in my first post.

I guess it's what I get for posting at 3 in the morning...

Sorry, but I can still see where you're coming from there. I don't actually believe that mind readers exist, and therefore can't give you any real examples of mind-reading.

No, much more subtle. Like I said, we are able to recognize some subtle signs even unconsciously. For example we seem to underestimate our olfactory sense in relation to body odors. We don't have distinct pheromones nor the organ to smell those (though there are controversies about that), but we can decipher some olfactory signals.
Not that in this case I think it has been done via smell^^ But yes, I did assume they were near the beach. Why should I not? Koru7 didn't specify anything.

That makes much more sense than what I was thinking. Again, my sleepless brain doesn't make too much sense at 3 in the morning.
Valks
Valks
262 posts
Nomad

"Mind Readers" are just another example of the people who have cheat codes to the universe.

It's really that simple.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Sometimes when I do that I answer myself in your case I cough haha Idk who is who!

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

It wouldn't surprise me if someone out there turned out to be a mind reader. Just, poor whoever that might be, even if they are able to lock out the noise from everyone else.
Can't be a pretty, uh, read, when it comes to most people. Or very interesting for that matter.

Showing 1-15 of 24