ForumsPopular MediaSkrillix vs... Oh heck there's no one better than frikin Skrillix!

9 3105
TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd
  • 9 Replies
TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

I find my Youtube playlist called 'Dubstep' to make Skrillex look like an autistic fat kid, as the second highest rated comment in the song Aliens by Figure says.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

skrillex is horrible compared to people like rusko. people like rusko and datsik just take the cake for me

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Skrillex is the one of the worst dubstep artists there is. I have problems calling him real dub.

Borgore is where it's at. O, and Flux Pavilion.

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

skrillex is gay as ****. also, learn to spell his name in the first place.

flux, gemini, borgore, excision, datsik, rusko, doctor p, skism, magnetic man, modestep, nero, emalkay, nova, 23, mt. eden, and a bunch of other underground artists I could name but you won't know of, are 10x better than Skrillex at dubstep.

Skrillex uses too many samples and his sound is just ****ed up.

supersmiley
supersmiley
844 posts
Nomad

i always thought it was Skillrex.... and yeah Chrispy is my favorite for dub.. Predator is sickk

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

I've had to update my playlist since I've posted that because the channel ArtDubZ has been removed due to copyright issues.

Here's the updated version of my playlist. Most of the songs are still the same but some new ones have been added. Still better than Skrillex IMO.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

flux, gemini, borgore, excision, datsik, rusko, doctor p, skism, magnetic man, modestep, nero, emalkay, nova, 23, mt. eden, and a bunch of other underground artists I could name but you won't know of, are 10x better than Skrillex at dubstep.

You sound like a stereotypical hipster...you know that right?

I like Skrillex myself, but a good amount of his work is more electro then dubstep so comparing him to just dubstep artists and saying that he sucks because he isn't really dubstep irks me a bit. It's kind of impossible to call one artist the best of anything though as if it was fact because of how subjective such a statement is. I have heard a couple of songs from some of these other artists and liked them though(such as modestep) so I'm not going to really knock any of them, but I almost feel that saying something like
skrillex is gay as ****

feels a bit unwarranted is all.
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

I agree with that. No artist deserves that. And I'm probably going to be called on hypocrisy for saying that because of my first post, but I found the comment on that one video to be hilarious and felt the need to share the humor.

But This also happens to JFAC. They started out as Extreme Deathcore with their EP, then moved on to techincal death metal. They've released two full albums and an EP since that and people still group them under Deathcore and compare them to bands like Whitechapel and All Shall Perish.

But I never would've known that Skrillex was electro because it sounds a lot like Dubstep to me.

Showing 1-9 of 9