Nomad

Any questions about Islam, ask it here?

Greetings

• 558 Replies
vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

What do you mean with, the Gospels? The life of Jesus(pbuh), or everything written in the Gospels?
I mean everything, including resurrection. Also, what is (pbuh)? A reverence of some sort, or something else?

And another question. I constantly hear that Islam is a peaceful religion, yet there is Wahhabism that actually flourishes, which proclaims killing of the infidels, treating any non-Muslim as an infidel. Should they not be more tolerant?
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Why else would palestinian womans been abused and children being killed by Jews? Or are these people not real Jews?

just 1 spot on the world you talk about now.

i think we can come up whit a other spot in the world were muslims think that all not-muslims must die.

it are individual that are violent. and lots of those violent people use religion as there base for killing. no matter what religion they are.
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

I mean everything, including resurrection. Also, what is (pbuh)? A reverence of some sort, or something else? And another question. I constantly hear that Islam is a peaceful religion, yet there is Wahhabism that actually flourishes, which proclaims killing of the infidels, treating any non-Muslim as an infidel. Should they not be more tolerant?

It's not like we don't accept the Gospel. First of all, we muslim believe that the Bible is corrupted, and there are different reasons for this. One of them is that there were many scriptures untill the third century. The Gosple has been re-written many times, that it lost it's Message and became a corrupted book. And Islam is a witness on the Bible. It filters out the truth from falsehood and corruption in the Bible. The Qur'an confirms it.

"What we revealed to you in this scripture is the truth, confirming all previous scriptures. GOD is fully Cognizant of His servants, Seer".(Qur'an 35:31)

The part we mostly don't accept is about Jesus'(pbuh;Peace and Blessings be Upon Him) life. We don't believe he was crucified. The Qur'an says that his soul was taken from his body before he was crucified. What we believe is that his empty body is crucified, according to the Qur'an.

About Wahhabism. It's a very, very long subject. But I will tell just a thing about Wahhabism, it is NOT true. Different reasons for this and I'll give just one.

They believe that, who else completes one of the Five Pillars, of Islam, you will go to Heaven, regardless of any crimes he commits. This is NOT true.

This is against Islam, because all these kinds of rituals are not aims in themselves. They are just means to purify your self, or to have Al Taqwa, means to fear God. By maintaining the good deeds, and to uphold the real Islamic values of Justice, peace, freedom of speech and belief and tolerance, and abandoning the bad deeds.

So, Wahhabism is not Islam. There is no killing of infidels, or seeing everyone as a infidel.

Greetings
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

just 1 spot on the world you talk about now.

i think we can come up whit a other spot in the world were muslims think that all not-muslims must die.

it are individual that are violent. and lots of those violent people use religion as there base for killing. no matter what religion they are.

It's not just individuals, there are many more Jews who want the Muslims be dead etc. It's true that people are "using" religion for killing. Even if killing is strictly forbidden.

Where on the world do muslims think that all unbelievers must die?

Greetings
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

bin ladin and his fellas? =P

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

So, Wahhabism is not Islam. There is no killing of infidels, or seeing everyone as a infidel.
Well, that's some evidence. Okay thanks.
One of them is that there were many scriptures untill the third century. The Gosple has been re-written many times, that it lost it's Message and became a corrupted book. And Islam is a witness on the Bible. It filters out the truth from falsehood and corruption in the Bible. The Qur'an confirms it.
The main trouble is that if the Bible was corrupted, then why could the Qur'an not be corrupted as well? Why should the Qur'an contradict the Bible in its most sacred point, as that Jesus did suffer and died on the cross? Note that in the letter to Corinthians, Apostle Paul said: "If Christ did not resurrect, our sermons are futile, and so is your faith." So in case a Christian goes into Islam and accepts it, his faith becomes futile.

You say "The Bible has lost its Message". The Bible's "Message" is Jesus Son of God: "If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me; but if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father." (Jn 10:37-38). Should this mean that your vision of *every* word of Jesus said in the Bible is corrupted?
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

4)What do you think about fighting against infidels (respectively infidels have to pay the jizya)?

And at last about this part of your question. I will quote the answer from a video of mine on youtube(/watch?v=TdqCFEKMUvk).

Islam permits figthing in self-defense, in defense of ones faith or on the part of those who's basic rights have been violated. It lays down strict rules of combat that include prohibitions against destroying crops, trees and livestock. As Muslims see it, injustice would be triumphant in the world if good people were not prepared to fight for a righteous case.

"Permission (to defend) has been granted to those who are being fought against; that they have been oppressed. Verily, God has the power to help them. Those who were unjustly expelled from their homes for no other reason than their saying: 'God is our Lord.' If God were not to repel some human beings through others, monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques, wherein the name of God is mentioned, would have certainly been destroyed. God will definably help those who will help Him. Verily, God is Immensely Strong, Mighty.(Qur'an 22:39-40)"

War is the last resort, and is subject to the rigorous conditions laid down by the sacred law. The often misunderstood and overused term Jihad literally means âstruggleâ and not âholy warâ(a term not found anywhere in the Qurâan).

Jihad, as Islamic concept, can be on a personal level â" inner struggle against evil within oneself; struggle for decency and goodness on the social level; and struggle on the battlefield, if and when necessary.

Relations with other people are governed by the basic rule in 5:57 & 60:8-9. The Jews and Christians who cannot be friends are specifically mentioned in 5:57; they are the ones who mock and ridicule the believers, or attack them.

âO you who believe, do not befriend those among the recipients of previous scripture who mock and ridicule your religion, nor shall you befriend the disbelievers. You shall reverence God, if you are really believers.(Qurâan 5:57)â

âGod does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. God loves the equitable. God enjoins you only from befriending those who fight you because of religion, evict you from your homes, and band together with others to banish you. You shall not befriend them. Those who befriend them are the transgressors.(Qurâan 60:8-9)â

Greetings
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

bin ladin and his fellas? =P

The verse Bin Laden was using, was the so called swordverse 9:5

"Once the Sacred Months are past, (and they refuse to make peace) you may kill the idol worshipers when you encounter them, punish them, and resist every move they make. If they repent and observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) and give the obligatory charity (Zakat), you shall let them go. God is Forgiver, Most Merciful.(Qur'an 9:5)"

Doesn't sound peacefull does it? But what about 9:6

"If one of the idol worshipers sought safe passage with you, you shall grant him safe passage, so that he can hear the word of God, then send him back to his place of security. That is because they are people who do not know.(Qur'an 9:6)"

First time I had read this, I was like, "is this a kind of joke???". His fellas has the same idea

Greetings
JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

Why do you consider that that religion is the right one?

Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

The main trouble is that if the Bible was corrupted, then why could the Qur'an not be corrupted as well? Why should the Qur'an contradict the Bible in its most sacred point, as that Jesus did suffer and died on the cross? Note that in the letter to Corinthians, Apostle Paul said: "If Christ did not resurrect, our sermons are futile, and so is your faith." So in case a Christian goes into Islam and accepts it, his faith becomes futile.

You say "The Bible has lost its Message". The Bible's "Message" is Jesus Son of God: "If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me; but if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father." (Jn 10:37-38). Should this mean that your vision of *every* word of Jesus said in the Bible is corrupted?

Because Prophet Muhammed(pbuh) was the last prophet and there wouldn't be any other Prophet, God said that He would protect the Qur'an. There are scriptures in Turkey. And ever letter was the same.

We just say that Jesus(pbuh) didn't die on the cross, and didn't suffer. About the resurrection. He will, resurrect, at the end times not before.

Not every word of Jesus(pbuh) in the Bible is corrupted. As I said the main Message. As you said, the main Message in the Bible is: Jesus, Son of God. The main Message in the Qur'an is: There is no God, but God. He has not begotten and will not beget. See the difference?

Greetings
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

Why do you consider that that religion is the right one?

As I said before, this toppic is about Islam, and not my believe. I already answered your question. See page 1.

Greetings
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

if the swordverse 9:5 and 9:6 are in the Qur'an. and you believe they are a "joke". meaning there is a corruption in the Qur'an then evrything els could be a corruption aswell. just like the bible and all other religions.

Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

if the swordverse 9:5 and 9:6 are in the Qur'an. and you believe they are a "joke". meaning there is a corruption in the Qur'an then evrything els could be a corruption aswell. just like the bible and all other religions.

The Joke thing I ment is, it says give them safe passage if they want. Do you want peace? Yes? Ok, no problem then.

To understand 9:6 you should read 9:1-4 too. Here, I'll write them down:

"An ultimatum is herein issued from God and His messenger to the idol worshipers who enter into a treaty with you. Therefore, roam the earth freely for four months, and know that you cannot escape from God, and that God humiliates the disbelievers. A proclamation is herein issued from God and His messenger to all the people on the great day of pilgrimage, that God has disowned the idol worshipers, and so did His messenger. Thus, if you repent, it would be better for you. But if you turn away, then know that you can never escape from God. Promise those who disbelieve a painful retribution. If the idol worshipers sign a peace treaty with you, and do not violate it, nor band together with others against you, you shall fulfill your treaty with them until the expiration date. God loves the righteous.(Qur'an 9:1-4)"

Understand it now?

Greetings
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Understand it now?

not realy, but i probably never will.
also becauce it doesn't care me so much.
i understand science much beter. but that is a other topic.
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

Do you believe that the Qur'an is only accurate in Arabic?

Not only, it's more accurate.

Greetings
Showing 16-30 of 558