Nomad

Any questions about Islam, ask it here?

Greetings

• 558 Replies
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

Would it? Then what about all the killing that happens in the Qur'an? And the stoning and beheading they order? Do those not count?

Which killings? Who are they?

It was not about Islam. It was about their dedication to your religion. Why would they kill themselves in suicide attacks if they where not totally dedicated to the religion?

How the heck would I know? These people are crazy enough to kill innocent people, so why not?

About your quotes from the Qur'an; you already said those before, and I told you thar 2:191 was taken out of context and that I really wonderd why you used 4:91, which already suggests peace(Salam) and not security. Use this site for Qur'an translations. It's much better then Skeptics.

I'm not going to say anything about these verses. I'll just quote what I said before;

I'll begin from 2:191 and 2:193. These verses are all out of context. Here, I'll write 2:190-195 down for you, and you will see that you're wrong.

"You may fight in the cause of God against those who attack you, but do not aggress. God does not love the aggressors."

"You may kill those who wage war against you, and you may evict them whence they evicted you. Oppression is worse than murder. Do not fight them at the Sacred Masjid, unless they attack you therein. If they attack you, you may kill them. This is the just retribution for those disbelievers."

"If they refrain, then God is Forgiver, Most Merciful."

"You may also fight them to eliminate oppression, and to worship God freely. If they refrain, you shall not aggress; aggression is permitted only against the aggressors."

"During the Sacred Months, aggression may be met by an equivalent response. If they attack you, you may retaliate by inflicting an equitable retribution. You shall observe God and know that God is with the righteous."

"You shall spend in the cause of God; do not throw yourselves with your own hands into destruction. You shall be charitable; God loves the charitable.(Qur'an 2:190-195)"

I don´t understand why you even placed 4:91. I understand you by placing other verses but this one...

"You will find others who wish to make peace with you, and also with their people. However, as soon as war erupts, they fight against you. Unless these people leave you alone, offer you peace, and stop fighting you, you may fight them when you encounter them. Against these, we give you a clear authorization.(Qu'an 4:91)"

And I didn't even say that it's out of context(it is). It just clearly says, there are ones who want peace with you. But at time of war, they fight against you. Till the war ends, you can kill them when you encounter them. Look, it says encounter them, so searching them up is forbidden. Not a reason to kill.

And spell it as you want. It doesn't really matter. Quran, Qur'an, Koran etc. Yes, killing is justified in some cases. Cases like when war starts, or to protect your self or your family or your country, but not anything out of that.

I could now show you that all these verses on the link you gave are all out of context. All of them. But I don't see in why I should answer it again. Go back and look between page 30 and 50, and you'll find it. Sorry for my laziness.

Greetings
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

Part 2:

They also buried their daughters alive.

"When any of them is given the good tidings of a girl, his face is darkened and he chokes inwardly, as he hides himself from the people because of the evil of the good tidings that have been given to him, whether he shall preserve her in humiliation, or trample her into the dust.(Qurâan 16:58-59)"

Women were despised, not only in pre-Islam Arabia but also in the Roman and Sassanid lands. The Qurâan openly declares that men will be questioned concerning this: When the female(infant) buried alive is questioned â" for what crime was she killed? Qurâan 81:8-9
After Muhammad had declared his Prophethood, a Companion told him what he had done with his daughter:

O Messenger of God, I had a daughter. One day I told her mother to dress her, for I was taking her to her uncle. My poor wife knew what this meant, but could do nothing but obey and weep. She dressed the girl, who was very happy that she was going to see her uncle. I took her near a well, and told her to look down into it. I kicked her into it, while she was looking in the well. Somehow she managed to hold on the mouth of the well, and meanwhile tried to clean the dust on my clothes saying: âDaddy your clothes are dustyâ. I kicked her again into the well and buried her alive.

The Prophet and his companions were sobbingly crying, while this man told this.

Greetings

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Which killings? Who are they?

How about all da killings?

Or how about Allah himself, like when he drowned the Egyptian army or killed everyone in the world?

How the heck would I know? These people are crazy enough to kill innocent people, so why not?

Because even crazy people have a sense of self preservation?

About your quotes from the Qur'an; you already said those before, and I told you thar 2:191 was taken out of context

In what context is that a good thing?

I really wonderd why you used 4:91, which already suggests peace(Salam) and not security.

Then it suggests "If they don't, kill them. All of them. Kill them where you find them". Which, of course, means kill them?

Use this site for Qur'an translations. It's much better then Skeptics.

But skeptics is much easier to navigate.

I'll begin from 2:191 and 2:193. These verses are all out of context. Here, I'll write 2:190-195 down for you, and you will see that you're wrong.

I don't know how you are reading it, but to me that says "Kill them". I am pretty sure a terrorist could easily read that and say "Yes, it most certainly does say kill them". So either it is saying to kill them, or it is a really, reallly, really violent and strange way to say "Make peace with them".

I could now show you that all these verses on the link you gave are all out of context. All of them. But I don't see in why I should answer it again. Go back and look between page 30 and 50, and you'll find it. Sorry for my laziness.

In what context is "KILL THEM ALL!" A good thing?

They also buried their daughters alive.

Wha...What?
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

How about all da killings?

Or how about Allah himself, like when he drowned the Egyptian army or killed everyone in the world?

A punishment of God? A punishment for an army and their leader who wanted to kill hundreds of innocent believers. Moses and his people were going to get killed, just because they didn't believe that the King/Pharao then was a God. So, God punished him and everyone who worked with him.

Because even crazy people have a sense of self preservation?

Someone who has even a bit of a sense of self preservation would not be able to explode himself to let innocent children get killed.

In what context is that a good thing?

I don't know how you are reading it, but to me that says "Kill them". I am pretty sure a terrorist could easily read that and say "Yes, it most certainly does say kill them". So either it is saying to kill them, or it is a really, reallly, really violent and strange way to say "Make peace with them".

"You may fight in the cause of God against those who attack you, but do not aggress. God does not love the aggressors."

You may fight, if they attack you. So you can attack to protect yourself.

"You may kill those who wage war against you, and you may evict them whence they evicted you. Oppression is worse than murder. Do not fight them at the Sacred Masjid, unless they attack you therein. If they attack you, you may kill them. This is the just retribution for those disbelievers."

You can kill them if they wage war against you. So you can kil to protect yourself.

"If they refrain, then God is Forgiver, Most Merciful."

If they stop, then stop with fighting. God is Most Merciful.

"You may also fight them to eliminate oppression, and to worship God freely. If they refrain, you shall not aggress; aggression is permitted only against the aggressors."

You can fight them to, to eliminate their oppression, and so you can get freedom. If they stop, then stop to. Aggression is permitted only against aggressors.

"During the Sacred Months, aggression may be met by an equivalent response. If they attack you, you may retaliate by inflicting an equitable retribution. You shall observe God and know that God is with the righteous."

You can only fight them with a equivalent force during the Sacred Months.

"You shall spend in the cause of God; do not throw yourselves with your own hands into destruction. You shall be charitable; God loves the charitable.(Qur'an 2:190-195)"

Don't fight like an idiot, and fight with caution.

And if we put all of these in one text we'll get the following:

The ruless of war in Islam:

You may fight, if they attack you. So you can attack to protect yourself.You can kill them if they wage war against you. So you can kil to protect yourself.If they stop, then stop with fighting. God is Most Merciful.You can fight them to, to eliminate their oppression, and so you can get freedom. If they stop, then stop to. Aggression is permitted only against aggressors.You can only fight them with a equivalent force during the Sacred Months. Don't fight like an idiot, and fight with caution.

Doesn't sound so bad does it?

Then it suggests "If they don't, kill them. All of them. Kill them where you find them". Which, of course, means kill them?

"You will find others who wish to make peace with you, and also with their people. However, as soon as war erupts, they fight against you. Unless these people leave you alone, offer you peace, and stop fighting you, you may fight them when you encounter them. Against these, we give you a clear authorization.(Qu'an 4:91)"

Lets take this verse in little sentences.

"You will find others who wish to make peace with you, and also with their people."

There are ones who want peace.

"However, as soon as war erupts, they fight against you."

But they fight you when war erupts.

"Unless these people leave you alone, offer you peace, and stop fighting you, you may fight them when you encounter them."

If they don't stop, and if they don't offer peace, then fight back, only when you encounter them.

"Against these, we give you a clear authorization."

You can kill these.

So again, let's put it in one "context".

There are ones who want peace.But they fight you when war erupts.
If they don't stop, and if they don't offer peace, then fight back, only when you encounter them.You can kill these.

Now, let me ask you a question; Do you want peace or war?

But skeptics is much easier to navigate.

But skeptics is not accurate.

Wha...What?

Many people don't know this barbarian act. These little girls were buried at a young age, some of them just after they were born, some years later. It depended on their father. There are ones who got 4 girls, and who couldn't kill the last etc.

Greetings
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

A punishment of God? A punishment for an army and their leader who wanted to kill hundreds of innocent believers. Moses and his people were going to get killed, just because they didn't believe that the King/Pharao then was a God. So, God punished him and everyone who worked with him.

...And that seems logical to you? To wipe out an entire countries army, which he could stop at any moment by nonfatal means?

If you where given an army to stop and infinite powers, what would you do? Would you murder the innocent soldiers, who you want to not die? I wouldn't, I would freeze them temporarily until the followers run away, or levitate them, or make the sand below them quicksand up to their necks, or make a wind that stalls them. Killing them would be unnecessary and illogical.

And what about everyone in the world in the flood?

Someone who has even a bit of a sense of self preservation would not be able to explode himself to let innocent children get killed.

Unless they are completely dedicated to their cause or god...

You may fight, if they attack you. So you can attack to protect yourself.

You can kill them if they wage war against you. So you can kil to protect yourself.

Which is logical. But easy for people to read as "It is ok to attack people". How hard would it be for a terrorist leader to convince people that their enemies attacked first?

If they stop, then stop with fighting. God is Most Merciful.

Unless of course they don't stop, in witch case it is OK to kill them? Or apparently all of them, and everyone who works for them?

You can fight them to, to eliminate their oppression, and so you can get freedom. If they stop, then stop to. Aggression is permitted only against aggressors.

And you think that this would not be easy to tell terrorist? "Look, it says right here fight them the oppressors. So strap yourself to the bomb and run!"

Don't fight like an idiot, and fight with caution.

That sounds more like it is talking of money to me.

If they don't stop, and if they don't offer peace, then fight back, only when you encounter them.

So fight them wherever you find them, wherever they are? It isn't like you can fight when you have not yet encountered them, unless you have the technology of the modern armies. Most terrorist don't.

There are ones who want peace.But they fight you when war erupts.
If they don't stop, and if they don't offer peace, then fight back, only when you encounter them.You can kill these.

So fight people who you are at war with. It is almost like the terrorist are reading that and thinking to fight people they are at war with.

Now, let me ask you a question; Do you want peace or war?

Does it matter? Someone obviously wanted war...or we would not be at war.

Many people don't know this barbarian act. These little girls were buried at a young age, some of them just after they were born, some years later. It depended on their father. There are ones who got 4 girls, and who couldn't kill the last etc.

....Who doesn't know burying young girls is barbaric?
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Istishhad has nothing to do with Islam

If you meant jihad
Let's think simple. 1. Burqa is not a must. 2. Burqa shows Islam wrong to non-believers, and makes it hard for muslims to show them that Islam is not bad(because the two groups have different cultures(main cultures, not taking the sub cultures). 3. Burqa is used for bad purposes by Munafiqs(religious hypocrites)

Wrong
tric
tric
28 posts
Shepherd

I've been told Allah is just the word for God in the middle east, is this true?

SkywardStriker05
SkywardStriker05
33 posts
Nomad

I've been told Allah is just the word for God in the middle east, is this true?
Yes, Allah is God in Arabic, Farsi, Pashto, Dari, Berber and Urdu.
cesar3333
cesar3333
4 posts
Nomad

First of all, I believe that there is a Creator. And that there is just one Creator. Abrahamic Religions are the most logical ones, why would so many people believe in it if it wasn't?

well many people are dying for nothing they are killing each other for nothing ? so do you think that's right also ?

All the religions have handicaps.and i don't think you're able to answer questions about Islam.

p.s i'm an atheist.
DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

...And that seems logical to you? To wipe out an entire countries army, which he could stop at any moment by nonfatal means?

why stop an army, who want to kill innocent people? I dont see USA stop killing terrorist anytime soon...

Would you murder the innocent soldiers, who you want to not die?

Who said he didnt want to?

I wouldn't, I would freeze them temporarily until the followers run away, or levitate them, or make the sand below them quicksand up to their necks, or make a wind that stalls them. Killing them would be unnecessary and illogical.

and freeze them, so they can start killing innocent people later, sounds more logical to you...

Unless they are completely dedicated to their cause or god...

If they were completely dedicated, they wouldnt blow them up in the first place, since it against the rule

Which is logical. But easy for people to read as "It is ok to attack people". How hard would it be for a terrorist leader to convince people that their enemies attacked first?

Last I checked, all countries, including USA. It ok to attack in self defense.

And after your logic, it would be easy for a person to convince an US citizen, to start randomly attack each other...

Unless of course they don't stop, in witch case it is OK to kill them? Or apparently all of them, and everyone who works for them?

after your logic, anyone can beat you, hit you, try to kill you. Yet you wont move a muscle to prevent any of it?

So fight people who you are at war with. It is almost like the terrorist are reading that and thinking to fight people they are at war with.

are you saying all muslims are terrorist? if not, then I dont see whats wrong with this text. Any country will fight someone who they are at war with.

I dont know about you, but so far what is written are very logical.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

why stop an army, who want to kill innocent people? I dont see USA stop killing terrorist anytime soon...

The difference is that the USA has to kill terrorist to stop them. God is like Super Man on steroids, and Super man doesn't even kill people.

Lets say it is like a video game, like Mass Effect. You have two choices, you can stop the army without killing them (Paragon) or you can kill the entire army (Renegade). While stopping the army by killing them is the most humans can do, Yawheh has the option to stop them. Without killing them. Witch makes killing them cruel, doesn't it?

Who said he didnt want to?

So Yawheh likes killing innocents? I don't see how that supports your cause...

and freeze them, so they can start killing innocent people later, sounds more logical to you...

Why would they start killing innocent people later on? Why couldn't he just freeze them every time he tries to harm someone? He is, after all, omnipotent and omniscient, what would stop him?

If they were completely dedicated, they wouldnt blow them up in the first place, since it against the rule

No it isn't, they consider themselves myters for their god, which is considered a good thing. Not against the rules at all.

Last I checked, all countries, including USA. It ok to attack in self defense.

And after your logic, it would be easy for a person to convince an US citizen, to start randomly attack each other..

Some major differences being the fact that people in the US can often get actual news. The terrorist believe whatever they are told.

after your logic, anyone can beat you, hit you, try to kill you. Yet you wont move a muscle to prevent any of it?

Of course not, if someone is trying to kill me I do everything in my power to stop them. Witch is usually shooting them. Like I said, that is the only way I could stop them. If Superman was getting shot at, it would be illogical for him to go and crush the enemies head, since he does not need to.

are you saying all muslims are terrorist? if not, then I dont see whats wrong with this text. Any country will fight someone who they are at war with.

I am saying that the text quite clearly says to go and kill people, witch is hardly a message at peace. I am saying that Muslim terrorist are a current threat above domestic terrorist in America, being better armed and hiding better.
miniphu
miniphu
72 posts
Nomad

What's with all the terrorist talk? Islam and terrorism are two COMPLETELY different things. Maybe the most recent terrorists happened to be Muslim, but that doesn't make Islam a religion of terror. Anybody remember Timothy McVeigh? It seems this thread has really gotten away from its original purpose.

As for my question, how hard is it being Muslim in a predominately Christian country like the United States? What challenges do you face?

DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

Lets say it is like a video game, like Mass Effect. You have two choices, you can stop the army without killing them (Paragon) or you can kill the entire army (Renegade). While stopping the army by killing them is the most humans can do, Yawheh has the option to stop them. Without killing them. Witch makes killing them cruel, doesn't it?

stopping the army would just mean they can kill later on. It doesnt make sense to prevent somebody, to kill, and in the meantime let them kill others later.

So Yawheh likes killing innocents?

last time I checked, it wasnt innocent to kill... so by calling them innocent, you actually justified cold blooded murder.

Why would they start killing innocent people later on? Why couldn't he just freeze them every time he tries to harm someone? He is, after all, omnipotent and omniscient, what would stop him?

So if USA caught a murder. Then after your opinion they should imprison him for 1 day, and then release him again. And every time they catch him doing something wrong, they should hold him for 1 day?

No it isn't, they consider themselves myters for their god, which is considered a good thing. Not against the rules at all.

not if the rule clearly states, that it against them doing that.

so after your opinion it ok, for an american to kill a innocent person, if he just says he did for america? and it will be USA fault, because the american citizen did it for USA, which is good after your opinion.

Some major differences being the fact that people in the US can often get actual news. The terrorist believe whatever they are told.

so you are saying a muslin, is a terrorist. And your saying a muslim isn't human, since he cant get actual news. And you assume a muslim cant be a US citizen.

I will repeat the same thing millions people are saying, muslims are not terrorist.

after reading your arguments, it sounds like you assume muslim are the terrorist.

I doubt USA or any other country, got any different rules.

Of course not, if someone is trying to kill me I do everything in my power to stop them. Witch is usually shooting them. Like I said, that is the only way I could stop them. If Superman was getting shot at, it would be illogical for him to go and crush the enemies head, since he does not need to.

last time I checked, muslims aren't superman's. And cant withstand a bullet, or any other kind of weapons.

I am saying that the text quite clearly says to go and kill people, witch is hardly a message at peace.

so does the US laws, or any other countries. Since the rules are all the same. I doubt USA will stand and watch, while other countries bomb them and kills them.

I am saying that Muslim terrorist are a current threat above domestic terrorist in America, being better armed and hiding better.

Then blame the individuals, and not Islam for it. Since Islam clearly says it against terror.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

its very funny to see all thhese "american patriots" who just looking for the word "kill" in the qurean, and than jump on you reiki. you can post about the rules of handling food, but when they will see the word "kill", 3 of them will already say "what a barbarians" and "in USA we never let it happen" and stuff. last time i checked, Christianity did said "show the other cheek", but i dont see any of them doing something close to it.

im not against christiany or against USA. im against Egocentricity and the thinking of peoples that there cultur and religion is supereme and the other are inferior barbarians.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

stopping the army would just mean they can kill later on. It doesnt make sense to prevent somebody, to kill, and in the meantime let them kill others later.

So why doesn't he stop them from killing later?

last time I checked, it wasnt innocent to kill... so by calling them innocent, you actually justified cold blooded murder.

(I noticed I called him Yawheh. I forgot he was Allah. Both are six letter words wit Hs, so it is logical I would get them tied up...)

Bloody murderers? All right, lets say that the entire Egyptian army at that time was bloody murderers. Do you know what happened before the Egyptian army was killed? The last plague of Egypt?

Every first born child was killed. Every one of them. And these where not hardened soldiers sent to kill anyone, they where children. Did those children diverse to die?

So if USA caught a murder. Then after your opinion they should imprison him for 1 day, and then release him again. And every time they catch him doing something wrong, they should hold him for 1 day?

If the US government was omnipotent and omniscient, maybe. Why wouldn't a god be able to stop such a thing?

not if the rule clearly states, that it against them doing that.

Where does it say that?

47:4 Now when ye meet in battle those who disbelieve, then it is smiting of the necks until, when ye have routed them, then making fast of bonds; and afterward either grace or ransom till the war lay down its burdens. That (is the ordinance). And if Allah willed He could have punished them (without you) but (thus it is ordained) that He may try some of you by means of others. And those who are slain in the way of Allah, He rendereth not their actions vain.

Witch seems to say to go and kill the diss believers. And if you die fighting your holy war, then it was OK.

so after your opinion it ok, for an american to kill a innocent person, if he just says he did for america? and it will be USA fault, because the american citizen did it for USA, which is good after your opinion.

Are you saying that the people in Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, or whomever don't blame America for all the deaths of the innocents? Last I checked, we do get blamed for that.

so you are saying a muslin, is a terrorist. And your saying a muslim isn't human, since he cant get actual news. And you assume a muslim cant be a US citizen.

....Yes. You obviously saw right threw me. That terrorist who is fed everything by a fanatical leader, in a poor country where they are likely to get only news filtered by that fanatical leader, with few unbiased news sources, can only not get news because he is a Muslim. You got exactly what I am saying, without misinterpreting it with your moronic mindset. And of course I am saying a Muslim can't be a U.S citizen, that is obviously exactly what I said. Since of course any attempt for them to join makes them spontaneously combust, apparently. And it is not like there is tens of thousands of Muslims serving in our own military, fighting the terrorists, since apparently they can't be citizens. You cought me, good job.

I will repeat the same thing millions people are saying, muslims are not terrorist.

Some are. Or are you denying that there are Muslim terrorist?

after reading your arguments, it sounds like you assume muslim are the terrorist.

Yes, since after I said specifically that Muslim terrorist are not the only terrorist, but are simply the ones America is currently having the biggest threat against. You got me, using your powers of stereotyping, I am obviously a racist. Good job.

I doubt USA or any other country, got any different rules.

...Rules for what?

last time I checked, muslims aren't superman's. And cant withstand a bullet, or any other kind of weapons.

Weren't we still talking about Allah, who is a superman, drowning the Egyptian army?

so does the US laws, or any other countries. Since the rules are all the same. I doubt USA will stand and watch, while other countries bomb them and kills them.

Of course not, since that is a practical rule. It does not make much since to let yourself get blown up. But apparently terrorist don't realize that, and try to get themselves blown up. Are you denying that Muslim terrorist had attacked America? Before America had attacked? Who did it for their religion? Witch they believe says you can blow yourself up for you god? It doesn't matter how you interpret it, or how the OP interprets it. Are you denying that Muslim terrorist can interpret the Quaran, easily, to fit what they are doing?

Then blame the individuals, and not Islam for it. Since Islam clearly says it against terror.

You obviously didn't get what I was saying. That was the post where I said "Not all terrorist are Muslim".

The difference between individuals and religion is that religion causes the action. An American troop shoots an innocent and collects it's toes as trophies? That was simply an insane individual. If he where part of the French army, the British army, or just a civilian, he would have done the same thing. His status as a soldier for America doesn't change anything.

But the religion? If a terrorist blows himself up, he would not do it unless he was completely and utterly dedicated to his cause. And he would not do that without his insane religion. Or are you saying he would blow himself up if he was an atheist?

its very funny to see all thhese "american patriots" who just looking for the word "kill" in the qurean, and than jump on you reiki. you can post about the rules of handling food, but when they will see the word "kill", 3 of them will already say "what a barbarians" and "in USA we never let it happen" and stuff. last time i checked, Christianity did said "show the other cheek", but i dont see any of them doing something close to it.

*Clap clap clap* Nice reading. Since that is obviously what is happening. Since every one who posted on this sight has been Christian, especially the ones arguing against the Muslims. Especially in the last few pages. Way to pay attention.

And am I the only one who thinks it is OK to call people out when their religion says "Go slit the necks of the nonbelievers!"?

im not against christiany or against USA. im against Egocentricity and the thinking of peoples that there cultur and religion is supereme and the other are inferior barbarians.

Since that is obviously what happens. Way to actually read what is being written.
Showing 541-555 of 558