ForumsNews and Feedback[already built] Private Messaging

7 3022
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

I wasn't sure in what 'Ideas and Discussions' I should put this in, so I just made a new topic. Anyways, I was thinking it would be nice if we had private messages that only the sender and receiver could see to accompany the comments system.

• 7 Replies
ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

I'm almost positive that they are planning this. The PM's will be private, unless someone reports the conversation, then the Admins/Mods can see and react on it.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Well, as admins of the site, I expect them being *able* to read private messages. However, they aren't supposed to since it's invading privacy.

yz125
yz125
256 posts
Peasant

@GhostOfMatrix - I think admins would have to be *able* to read PM's, but i think we should have an instant messager link on Facebook or Myspace. Then we should also be *able* to block people from veiwing our page and commenting on it.
That would also be very good , lets see how many changes will happen on this site.
Ohh and does anyone know when AG3.0 come out ? People are giving all diffrent kinds of Dates.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

uhmm as far as i know we have it! i mean i talk to frankinstien thourgh some kind of PM... admid are "able to" but it is illegal (don't worry cormyn's not the type to do that!!!), you have to ask them to come and read it for them to legaly do that...

we have had several topics on this though... try clicking the last few pages and go up from there if you want good info not down from here...

yz125 uhmm, a time in the future, not tomorrow and probaly not the next day probaly this year but we said that last year didn't we... LOL! to tell you we don't know you can't date web develomping or programming! if they put a date on it poeple get anger if the don't fallow though with it, and if they rush to get it in a the dead line it will just make poor qualty, just wait ,

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Yeah, I don't think you'll be able to block mods and admins. They do have to keep track of you, so you can't block them.

As for the date, it's likely it'll be out around fall. There's no set date for the release of it. They probably have to add a few other things to it before releasing it.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Yeah, one of the things in the works is apparently something Gumption is working on?
[quote=Cormyn]
Man, you guys should see what Ron is cooking up for the new profile pages on AG3[/quote]

Anyway unless I've been dreaming it for months, private messaging has already been implemented and it's very likely users won't be able to block mods and admins from giving them messages

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Freakenstein is correct. Private messages are already built and working, and you will not be able to block Moderators or Admins from sending you messages.

And as for privacy, Mods/Admins will only be able to read message threads you report for spam/abuse/whatever.

Showing 1-7 of 7