ForumsThe TavernFunny accents

29 4834
Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

Post all of the funny accents you have heard here. I have heard some new yorkers pronounce ball like bull except in a lower tone. I know it's normal for them but it sounds funny. I've also heard some people pronounce the word tunes like choons, it just sounds funny.

• 29 Replies
jayjay9
jayjay9
485 posts
Peasant

I like old people from Denmark's accent, its so funny to hear

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

I'm good at many accents. :3

I can do:
Scouse, Cockney, Brummy/Yam Yam, Bolton, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Russian, German, Australian, Indian shopkeep?, american, mexican, italian.

Love them all :'

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

american

Which type? Southern hillbilly? Texan? New Yorker? generic type that Hugh Laurie uses?
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

No mean to offense the british people, but the English accent (from England [LawL]) is the funnier. It's an odd pronunciation!

I always make jokes about it: On Shell Shock Live, when people nearly hit other tanks, I say "aulmeust" instead of almost, because it make the word look like british.

Also, Australian's accent is similar too. It's the same accent with different words.

NO MEANT TO OFFENSE!

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

@Roger721, none taken, I don't mind it or anything, but I'd just like to say, to everyone.

NOBODY in England speaks like that.

I don't mind it, 'cos I don't either. Just thought I'd let y'all know.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,157 posts
Nomad

I like how Australians talk. It sounds funny, but it's awesome at the same tim.

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

The British accent can be funny and awesome at the same time. But mostly awesome.

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

The New Jesey (jUE-see) accent is annoying :/ I kinda find the Brooklyn accent to be kinda cool although i dnt have one.. Im from new york nd I dont really have an accent that I pick up

pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

I think the Boston accent is kinda funny. Like, I was in Boston last week for a baseball game, and my dad and I were sitting next to these people from the area, and one of the guys said "Where's the guy that's stAHting (starting) today?" but that's just an example of one. Watch the movie "The Town" for more of that.

rangatang
rangatang
8 posts
Farmer

love australian accents. probably because i have one
i can't stand singaporean accents -even more the fact that they can only speak singlish...

Xavier1
Xavier1
671 posts
Nomad

I'm from Australia and our accent, to me, is like a mix of our aboriginals accents and the English. I personally find the English and Irish accent to be really hot. I love girls with those accents. I find the South African accent to be amusing to listen to.

SparklingKnight
SparklingKnight
72 posts
Nomad

I love to imitate the English accent and the french one

Showing 16-27 of 29