The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsProgramming ForumLooking for a coder

8 4201
TheDefeater
TheDefeater
29 posts
Nomad

Hi there. Now, I don't know if this was posted in the right board, but I just couldn't find any board that would be good for a thread like this. In fact I might even be breaking a rule right now. If so, I'm sorry. If this is in the wrong board, then please move it, or tell where to make a topic instead.

Anyway, on to the subject. I've been interested in making games for quite a long time. I have made some games using a pretty simple engine, with a result that I'm pretty satisfied with.

Game example: http://s3.amazonaws.com/apphost/MGB.html#user=bossmakerroject=Mini%20RPGs;map=menu%201;viewmode=embed

(All art was hand drawn, using very basic tools like those you find in the old MS Paint versions. No special brushes or effects were used.)

The thing is, I'm more of the artist type. I have years of experience with pixel art, and I've been told I have some skills. So I got the art under control, but I need a programmer. I feel like it's smarter to try to find someone that knows how to code than to learn it from scratch. So is there anyone here that could help me make a game? I can show you more art, and we can discuss details and such later on. Also, I'm not planning on making a low quality, barely playable game. I want a quality game that's fun to play. =)

tl;dr: Is there any programmer out there interested in making a game with me? I suppose we'd split eventual profits, or you'll get a little bit more, whatever floats your boat. I'm not really in it for profit.

(If not here, does anyone know of a website where I could find someone to team up with?)

Thanks in advance. =)

• 8 Replies
Xinito
Xinito
109 posts
Nomad

So you are Bossmaker from MGB? Hey there , I have been alot time on MGB too.

TheDefeater
TheDefeater
29 posts
Nomad

Hey, that's right. =)

Not to get off topic here, but what username do you go by? Active on the MGB forums?

TheDefeater
TheDefeater
29 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the double post(is there a way to edit previous posts?), but I looked around here and found out that other people on here are in the same position as I am. People suggested me to go ask around on Kongregate and NG, so I'll do that. =)

By the way, the programmer may use any coding language that he is familiar with, as long as the game works the way it should.

Xinito
Xinito
109 posts
Nomad

My name is Tinikteam on MGB, don't been there since 1/2 months. But I was active before.

TheDefeater
TheDefeater
29 posts
Nomad

Ah. I know who you are. =)

Xinito
Xinito
109 posts
Nomad

Yeah that dude who don't finish his projects :S (lol)

yanivger
yanivger
1 posts
Nomad

hi, i'm interested
we can continue discuss this in mails

yanivger@walla.co.il

TheDefeater
TheDefeater
29 posts
Nomad

I'm sorry, I should've updated here, in fact I thought I did, but anyway:

I found a programmer on another website, so this can be locked. =)

Showing 1-8 of 8