ForumsThe TavernEbay

19 2886
PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

Well not too long ago I bought a computer. On the desktop it had an icon that says "eBay". So that made me wonder who uses eBay since it seems so old but I know someone uses it. My main question is do you use eBay? If so why? If not then why not?

• 19 Replies
eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

I don't use eBay, mainly because I use Amazon. I feel one service is enough and multiple would just make things more complicated. I also think that it is mainly for selling and I usually just buy, so that doesn't really involve me.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I don't know what your talking about, eBay is still extremely popular. Almost anyone i know has bought or sold something over eBay, my sister just bought an Ipod touch over eBay. So why do i use it? Because you can get anything you want for extremely low prices.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

So why do i use it? Because you can get anything you want for extremely low prices.

Can't argue with that. I just bought my mom a Beatles Watch for 4.09$ and i'm going for a transforming flash drive.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Ebay is still very popular indeed.

I use ebay on like a weekly basis.
You can get a range of items, mostly at a low cost.
A lot of people don't like using it because they're afraid of getting ripped off but if you know what you're doing and pay attention to the seller ratings and read through the description properly then you're set.

divy1324
divy1324
433 posts
Nomad

I don't usually go to ebay. I just go to a store.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

My dad Ebays. He is an Ebayer I guess...Anyways I buy pretty much everything from ebay since you get way better deals! Idk has anyone see those annoying ads about beezid? or something? It sounds like a rip-off from Ebay? Idk, but the deals seem to good to be true...so they are probably a scam. If you buy a phone from there you probably get a pic of the phone?

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

When I need stuff that you can find at a regular store, like groceries...I let my mom do it
But when I want cool stuff that you don't see too often, I go to Amazon. Off Amazon, I bought (to date) Sony Acid music studio, Sony Audio Studio, one of those rotating color ball things, Plants vs. Zombies collector edition, and there might have been some other stuff from there, but that's all I remember. On Dell.com, I bought my laptop, ordered my camera from Best Buy's website, and ... well that's pretty much it. Back on topic, though, I don't really trust e-bay because you don't know the condition of the stuff you buy.

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

No I don't use Ebay. I use Amazon or Craigslist more then Ebay.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

^ i was warned off craiglist last year because of so many scams, but i went on ahead and used it and actually found my apartment from there when i moved to America. I was surprised.

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

I don't buy things off Ebay. But I sometimes some old stuff of mine. When my PS2 broke, we had like 60 games. So we sold them in bundles on Ebay and got about 50 bucks. Ebay's okay to sell some old things just to get some money in your pocket...

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

I've never used Ebay. If I do buy something off the internet I'd probably use Amazon or Walmart.com

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I don't buy stuff online. Not solely because of exchange scams with used stuff, but also that you give your credit card info to buy new stuff on legit sites. It's getting a lot easier for people to hack and tap into info like that.

ClockworkAmelia
ClockworkAmelia
54 posts
Farmer

I use Ebay all the time. Practically anything you'd need is on there, and the prices and selection are way better than you find on Amazon and other sites. Sellers rely heavily on their ratings in order to keep selling merchandise, so as long as you're smart about buying, you're unlikely to get ripped off.

I particularly like Ebay for a couple of other reasons. One is that I am currently living in a small town in the middle of nowhere, and it's impossible for me to find items that are the least bit out of the ordinary. Another is that it's like a giant online thrift store, which is something that we don't have around here, either. If I need new clothing, I shop Ebay because I have an oddly proportioned figure and it's very difficult for me to find clothing that fits me properly just about anywhere. With Ebay, the measurements are listed on much of the clothing, so I don't have to try on a billion things just to find that none of them work. I know right away.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

I bought this really cool watch! Heres the IT">link!

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,868 posts
Jester

I have never used Ebay, but I have used similar sites before to buy stuff, but they're not famous internationally. However, I have autographed stuff from famous people and I'm waiting a couple of years to sell it on Ebay, when it gets a higher value.

Showing 1-15 of 19