ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3: No More Load More.

17 5912
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Load more buttons function horribly and are possibly the worst idea ever! Using page numbers would be much better. I know page numbers are the old fashioned way of doing things and many major websites are using the "load more" button, but it's not functional.

Let me just give you an example about how asinine the load more feature is.
You open up a book and read it to page fifty. You decide to read some more of it later so you close the book. A day goes by and you have some free time. You come back to your book and decode to read it again. Instead of opening the book directly to page fifty, where you left off, you go to page one instead and flip each page, from page one to page fifty. Every time you close the book and reopen it, to read it, you never flip directly to were you left off, you flip from page one to where you left off.
Sounds asinine to me.

Just imagine if the forums ran with a load more button instead of page numbers. Imagine that I couldn't simply click a "last post" button, but instead had to go to the first page of a topic and then click the "load more" button until I got to the last page of posts, so that I could reply.

Let's say I'm playing an arcade game that's kind of old. I randomly stumbled upon it after clicking load more nine times. I play the game for a few days. I then stop playing for a few weeks, but I want to play it again. I can't remember the name of it, but I know it's an arcade game. I have to click load more eight or more times just to find it.

Same thing goes for if I want to show a friend a game. I could remember that a game is on page seventeen or eighteen of the puzzle & skill section, but not remember it's name. I can immediately click to the page numbers and then look for it from there, but with the load more feature, I have to click it a bunch of times just to look for the game.

What if I want to browse through the games. Well I can't do that. If I want to look at some of the older games, I'm going to have to click load more over and over and over again and end up with a page that's extremely large to scroll on.

I just don't see any functionality in the load more button and think that it's more of a trend then a functionality upgrade. Bring back the page numbers.

Link to the post on getsatisfaction:
http://getsatisfaction.com/armorgames/topics/ag3_no_more_load_more

• 17 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Actually, Ron (Gumption) just told me that game lists WILL be pagination, so I stand (er, sit) corrected.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

yeah! that is great! easy days are a comin'! now i don't have to sit here thinking away my time on an idea that make every one happy... LOL XD.

@cormyn hmmm sit... LOL XD! well you could say your standing with your legs bent at a 90 or so degree angle with a angle-siting invention... or just say sitting...

Showing 16-17 of 17