ForumsThe TavernWhen does summer stop being summer?

30 4580
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Summer used to be a time for students to get a break from going to school. Now though, it seems that all the summer homework, chores, sport training, and jobs make it seem not so different from the school year. What are your thoughts?

• 30 Replies
GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

For me it ends August 22nd when I go back to school. Even though it's still Summer it won't really feel like it.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Summer stops being summer when Autumn begins.

How did I know people would say stuff like that? Maybe I spend too much of my time on Memebase :P
Anyway, to be more specific..., I meant when do the free-feeling effects of summer start wearing off or when how old do you have to be for summer to not feel as fun and easy-going.
jayjay9
jayjay9
485 posts
Peasant

When the summer vacation is over.. In my country we dont have summer vacation the whole summer we only got it in a month

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

When the Autumn starts. Pretty simple. Otherwise when the first leaves fall of a tree.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,157 posts
Nomad

Literally, September 21.

However, to answer the actual question you posed, I'd have to say about halfway through August (heh, about today). I have soccer starting soon, band to go to, and test-outs to take. After that, it's just one week of "free" then school starts...

ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

summer stops being summer when it is autumn

MrStuff
MrStuff
1,626 posts
Nomad

When does summer stop being summer?

Literal answer: September 21.

My answer: When school starts.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Haha, thank goodness none of my antipodean friends came here.

Summer in the Northern Hemisphere ends on September 22/23 (autumn equinox) and gives way to Autumn. Summer in the Southern Hemisphere ends on March 20/21.

Since that confusion is present, just think of the end of summer as being the day before you go back to school after your long break.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

I always considered the end of summer being when I go back to school (which is tomorrow), because even though it's still technically summer, it doesn't feel like summer anymore.

tiptopdude
tiptopdude
106 posts
Nomad

My guess is when it's Autumn. So Summer starts after Spring. Easy really.

Nater
Nater
1,296 posts
Nomad

When my arms fall off from fist pumping so much.

psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

when school starts i guess

swagman
swagman
153 posts
Nomad

For me:August 26th.
I'm trying to enjoy whats left of summer.I'm actually shocked that it's goin to end so quickly.

Demetra
Demetra
62 posts
Nomad

I believe you can make summer not to end Even if it's raining,even if it's snowing - you can always have summer inside you,in your heart and mind.Be positive everyday,do good things and enjoy every moment!
And of course don't think summer ended-just say summer is coming again!

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

When there's more clouds and rain than sunshine.

Showing 16-30 of 30