ForumsNews and FeedbackArmor Games Age Rating

14 5283
supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

Hello,Super here.I have been surfing around the AGv3 forums and found out that there will be parental controls.I realize there are some games that aren't exactly "kid friendly"( the Dark Cut series ,BoozeUp, the Last Stand series,many others.I think that users should be able to rate a game on what age should be able to play it.It could star with everyone,then 10+,13 up,then finally adult.To control someone to abuse this,I think you need to have a certain amount of reputation to do this.Please get back to me.

• 14 Replies
Conquerer95
Conquerer95
11 posts
Nomad

The idea sounds plausible and noteworthy.

I'm only hoping they don't block games like Union city to people under 18 (like myself) due to the violence level that I personally feel I, and others my age, can handle.

supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

I didn't mean that you can't play it because you're not a certain age.I meant that a lot of parents don't want their kids playing bloody games or games with profanity.It would help out a lot if they could just look above the game window and tell that their child shouldn't be able to play this.Or there could be an option to just block all games in a certain age category.Sorry for not being very clear before.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I think it would be okay if there was an advisory or something, but I don't really care about controls. If parents don't want their kids playing bad games, then they should install parental controls.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

well, 10+ isn't needed because 10-year olds shouldn't be on our site to begin with. But we've talked internally about an "AG Rating" system, like "animated blood" or "contains references to alcohol" that sort of thing. We held off on it for AG3 launch, but it's something we want to build in the future.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

And yes, included with our ratings system would be a way for a parent to 'lock' an account from playing games with certain references.

SierraCastaway
SierraCastaway
130 posts
Nomad

I agree to having a warning label that says: Contains Violence, or something. Age labels....not really.

Sab44
Sab44
23 posts
Nomad

Ya i don't think there should be age labels, because you still have to give them the right to play it don't you? But ya a label would be a lot more helpfull

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Well, we tend not to have games with profanity ) At least, not intentionally.

xScorpiniix
xScorpiniix
2 posts
Nomad

I really don't care, but for the younger kiddies who go on often it would be nice, at least with an ESRB-style sort of label.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

well, 10+ isn't needed because 10-year olds shouldn't be on our site to begin with.

I believe this is an acceptable rating. Just because this is a 13+ site...

I should have mentioned in my opening post that underage users are welcome to play games at our site anonymously.

I stand by your word.
Dragongunner
Dragongunner
55 posts
Blacksmith

It is a good idea because some parents really don't want to see his son playing violent games.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Yeah. A warning would be nice. Like while the game is loading, or on the start menu

Showing 1-12 of 14