ForumsThe TavernLaptop I might get

8 1757
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Link here

Without anyone can see anything wrong with it I think I am going to get this laptop and don't comment saying acers are bad get a toshiba.
Toshiba are overpriced and rarely have decent graphics cards in them without you spend over like 800GBP.

You might remember my old post where I posted some other choices but I have decided not to spend over 650GBP preferably lower like 500GBP on a laptop so that I can afford some games and other stuff.

Does anyone know if acerdirect is trustworthy I know it has acer in the name but I don't think it is ran by acer.

I have checked out the graphics card a little and it looks like it should be able to play cod4 counterstrike source Team fortress 2 Minecraft Terraria but cod4 being my main game I want to make sure because I'm pretty sure it should run the others easily.

When I get this laptop I think I am going to upgrade the ram to 8GB which should cost me around 50GBP.

Comment telling me what you think.

• 8 Replies
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I have checked out the graphics card a little and it looks like it should be able to play cod4 counterstrike source Team fortress 2 Minecraft Terraria but cod4 being my main game I want to make sure because I'm pretty sure it should run the others easily.

With the specs you got, it should be good enough. If not, It doesn't say the graphics card is integrated so you should be able to upgrade it if necessary.

When I get this laptop I think I am going to upgrade the ram to 8GB which should cost me around 50GBP.

That is a lot more then you'll ever need. 4GB is a fine amount, and with 6GB you'll never have a problem, but 8GB is only needed if your going to be doing something like heavy video editing, which you would want a better processor for too.

If you really want to game on your computer, alienwaremakes awesome laptops geared towards gaming.
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

I've looked at alienware ones and tbh they are overpriced as hell for what you get but thanks for commenting

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

Mine is 2 GB and it runs fine. It can handle most games fine (including multiplayer, online and those games that you buy the CD). Only occasionally it gets laggy but 8GB is a waste of money unless you are gonna do some hardcore gaming.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

I just got a dell desktop recently, and this thing is an absolute power house, 8 gigs of ram, and 2.7 GB processor, and a nice sound and graphics card.

This thing can run multiple graphical intensive programs no problem. If you want to make sure you NEVER lag doing ANYTHING, go for the 8 gigs of ram.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

2.7 GB processor

Sir please, processors are measured in gigahertz (ghz).

This thing can run multiple graphical intensive programs no problem. If you want to make sure you NEVER lag doing ANYTHING, go for the 8 gigs of ram.

It's still an excessive amount. For any average use, 4GB is fine, and 6GB is fail proof.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Sir please, processors are measured in gigahertz (ghz).

D: Gawd Dammit! Why does I fail so much?
chang
chang
846 posts
Nomad

Looks pretty decent OP, the site is good too, so don't worry about ordering it from there.
And I would say that 4 GB ram would be fine, I have 3 GB and I only have occasional problems, only if I have like 9 different programs up

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Acers tend to be work computers. Maybe you want a work computer, but also note that HP's/ Acers tend to have internal hardware problems. Example: My dad's work computer fried the hard drive...it was an HP

Showing 1-8 of 8