ForumsProgramming ForumI don't know exactly what topic this goes in, but Hi, I need a programmer for a game

9 4908
DeveloperSid
DeveloperSid
6 posts
Nomad

Itâs a relatively simple game. The only complex part is an engine which might take up to 8 hours for a programmer of lesser experience to program, but you could just re-use it for each level.
I need a programmer who can program it fast because I have a deadline and previous programmers Iâve tried to work with fail to communicate and follow through with making the game which was wasted over a month of my time for making games. I need this programmer to communicate daily, and all or nearly all the art files for the game are cropped to exact frames and ready to be used. I wouldnât make such a big deal of it but, but honestly? A month? Come on, thatâs BS, plus I have other games I want to work on and I need something to put on my website before a certain date and I know there HAS to be good programmers here.
Youâd get 50% revenue.

I've done the art and sound effects and all the necessary files are in one big folder, a .rar files, so you'd need to have winrar to read it. It's just so that I can send organized folders as opposed to a bunch of emails with individual stuff.

Contact me at gamedeveloperemail@yahoo.com if you interested

• 9 Replies
arobegamr
arobegamr
130 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure you understand how much work and time has to go into programming. A month is actually a very short amount of time to develop a game.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Well the thing he is asking could be done pretty quickly probably not in 8 hours since the programer will also on top of that set everything else up in flash and then debug the game.

Thought non programmer should not judge how long it takes to program.

Also don't keep spamming your thread on this forum everyone saw your first post no need to make a second or more.

I would also recommend you to try a different forum most people here are novices only looking to learn more.

DeveloperSid
DeveloperSid
6 posts
Nomad

Well I know this takes a short time for programmers because it only took 8 hours for even the noobiest of programmers to make the engine.

Plus, a novice programmer is exactly who I am looking for. I'm a noob developer so I need to work with someone on the same level as me.

DeveloperSid
DeveloperSid
6 posts
Nomad

Although unfortunately, those programmers were so noob that they just stopped programming because they got tired of doing that 8 hours of programming. Once you design the engine, you can re-use it for each level with a couple alterations.

Ao I guess I'm not looking for someone "too" noob.

PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

Maybe you could provide some more info, what's the game about in general? No programmer is simply going to say 'yes' to something they know nothing about

arobegamr
arobegamr
130 posts
Nomad

Well I know this takes a short time for programmers because it only took 8 hours for even the noobiest of programmers to make the engine.

You're speaking as though the engine has already been programmed, in which case, what are you doing here?

And your statement is unbelievable, since your task requires understanding of user input, loops, and most importantly, AI. The first two are fairly simple, and require little thought, but AI requires phenomenal problem-solving skills, and the ability to manipulate thought processes to be understood by the computer.

As a novice developer, You cannot make the claims that you are, especially if you yourself have no experience programming.
Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

If you only need that time only for "The noobiest of programmers", why you dont make it by your own, Im a noob programer and I gonna tell ya that progrmming is something that need testing, effort and time, I dont wanna be rude but I think you dont know nothing about true game develop, sorry :I
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

you tell'm toony LOL XD JK no offence! but you realy got to remember devs are people to... here you jump out of a plane do fifty flips and play a moszart song on the fiddle and then you'll understand being a programer with out being one, half the time you'll fail to your death and with the no freedom you seem to be pushing one will do it!! i sugest you read Microsoft "Programers at Work" and read a few of the sieres, they are interveiews of the top programmers telling the good and bad of programing, and then try out programing for your self, and i mean open a blank doc and start righting... i'll even give you a library like flashpunk.... just try!!! i DARE YA! then come back and say make it in 8 hours! then complane about them leaving!

sorry no ofence but if you are going to work with us programmers you got to understand we are indepdent and like freedom and no time limit! and never get on the bad side of your programmers or you will not get any thing done! plaease i am saying to get you to understand not to be mean or angry i have no rage or any thing agest you just think or the devs! get in there shoes! as a dev you have to hold ever letter of a progam in your head at once! and that is a tough job! i can't tell you how many times a lamost said forget it this year of learnig flash! but i kept going! thanks for reading this if you did and i have no hard fealing agenst you, just think of the devs.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

sorry no ofence but if you are going to work with us programmers you got to understand we are indepdent and like freedom and no time limit!

Real world software engineering and other jobs are dependent, no freedom lots of time limits.

If it's so easy even a novice can do it I don't see why the OP can't just do it himself.
Showing 1-9 of 9