ForumsThe TavernDo problems seem worse at night?

28 5500
notinthepie3
notinthepie3
655 posts
Nomad

Is it just me, or do problems that you face seem worse at night, like, when you're in bed and stuff. Like, if I had a project I did really bad on at school, it doesn't seem that bad during the day, but then I totally freak out about it at night and make it seem like a life-or-death situation. Has anyone else experienced that?

• 28 Replies
Jblaze101
Jblaze101
512 posts
Peasant

Man I dont y it's more scary at night but i do get scared from scary movie characters at that time a fraction of the nights

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

Yes because then I have less time to solve/finish them so I start stressing and rushing.

Demetra
Demetra
62 posts
Nomad

Oh yes!Always!When its daytime everything seem so distant so just easy to solve!If a got a problem i'll say "Oh its going to be fine" during day!But when nights comes im panicked and i realy stress out!

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

yes they do, i think its because ur mind is so busy thinking about everything and schedules and then at night u finally focus on that one problum.

BLINDsniper1
BLINDsniper1
84 posts
Nomad

Yeah that happens to me all the time. I always feel like the worlds gonna end because of a simple problem, but only when im about to sleep.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Oh, yes. They feel horrible! It's probably because you have time to contemplate it that makes it feel bad

KineticNinja
KineticNinja
166 posts
Nomad

Yeah that happens to me all the time. I always feel like the worlds gonna end because of a simple problem, but only when im about to sleep.

You think the worlds gonna end from a little reason? Do you have Anxiety Disorder or something?
Kyokiri
Kyokiri
2 posts
Shepherd

Things do seem worse at night, don't they? It probably has something to do with the subconcious association of darkness with the unknown and fear of the unknown is one of our most basic fears. Then there's also the lack of stimulation and the brain often attempts to compensate by overthinking things. If it bothers you too much, might I recommend some form of calming exercise before bed? Meditation, maybe. Or something like that.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Nope. Well, not for me. It seems to be for a lot of you, though.

I tend to freak out about things in early morning as opposed to night. If anything the night calms me, and I assume it's due to my brain starting to go into an idle mode of sorts. Problems never get huge for me, but there are some stress points for me same as any other human.

ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

you only think about things more at night because your mind is less occupied on other things

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

you only think about things more at night because your mind is less occupied on other things

Well then, go to a parc on a free day, sit on a bench and think about problems. In the evening, lie in your bed and rethink about them. Then you can really tell the difference.
eddyalex
eddyalex
307 posts
Nomad

Yes i agree, they seem amplified because youve got nothing else to think about...

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,231 posts
Jester

at night i do one of 4 things. 1: play my DS until i get really tired and put it away and go to sleep insatnyl. 2: read a book until same result. 3: write some stuff until same result. 4: stare at the celing and hope i did everything i was supposed to and thing about my problems...that only happens when 3 things occur at the same time... my DS is out of battery and its charging, i read practically every book in the house, i don't feel creative. so you see this isn't a problem for me. i try to avoid it because i'm not exactly the best person.

Showing 16-28 of 28