The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsProgramming ForumGame help: how to make them...

4 3965
Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

i know tharer is a pined topic but that doesnt really help... i need pointers... tips... help... typed tis a while ago ive been playing great games. on armor games for a while but i think ive mentaly moved on from there... i want to make these games... But i have 0 clue how or what i need... i could ure tips or pointers or tudors or something...
are they even VIDEO GAMES or are they ONLINe games... i think there flash games but i dont know...

i here in need adobe flash or something... inst there something for free out there?

• 4 Replies
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Funny how you say the pinned topics don't help but most of your questions can be answered by reading them. Ergo you have not read them. Thus the first step in your game development career is to read them.

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

ok done but i dont want o have to go throught the process of rereading al the bs... i have some Qs

What kind of language is the easiest to learn..( im serious... i dont want to blow of some dream... i want to start with some simple to get a grip.. plz

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

ok done but i dont want o have to go throught the process of rereading al the bs... i have some Qs

If you can't trouble yourself to read those stickied topics (they are stickied for a reason and no they are not full of bs). Then I doubt you will be able to learn how to make games.

Python it's not about the language it is about how you program. A programming language is just a tool.
arobegamr
arobegamr
130 posts
Nomad

Omnihero, If you aren't willing to reread the topic, you have no business learning to program, because one thing you are going to have to do is read. Alot.

The first thing you need in order to learn how to program is patience. Alot of it. Programming is not something you learn overnight, and making a video game takes a lot of time, unless you use Gamemaker or something, but I never recommend Gamemaker, because frankly, it limits you greatly, and provides virtually no real experience.

I'm sorry, but, until you learn to be more patient, you will get nowhere in your programming, and assuming you read all of this, I wish you luck.

Showing 1-4 of 4