ForumsNews and Feedback[already built] Show that private messages have replies (was: Replied.)

3 2267
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

My idea depends on the commenting system, so apologies if this has been covered.

I know private messaging is being introduced. I guess my idea is applicable for profile commenting: a symbol to state if the comment had been replied to, as sometimes it's difficult to remember.

• 3 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

If someone comments on your profile, you get a private message, or any sort of thing happening with your profile you get a notification of it at the top. It'll be a red number showing how many notifications you have. Sort of like Facebook, when people comment on your profile or a comment of yours you get notified.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Ah, I didn't even make the connection between the notification system and how that would help keeping on top of comments, lulz.

Thanks GoM.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

On the activity stream, it's also very obvious whether a message has comments or not.

And for the private message system, you'll see that replies are there and will expand the thread when you click on it.

Showing 1-3 of 3