ForumsThe TavernIdeas for a Forum Game.

3 1295
MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

I hope this isn't spamming or anything, because I wasn't sure where to put this, but I need ideas for a forum game. (Mainly RPG) I will give credit if I pick one idea. Thanks!

• 3 Replies
PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

Hmm...RPG. I'll admit I've only had one successful idea in forum games and it wasn't an RPG but if you want to make one then people need to feel like they can easily join in the fun. It needs to catch their attention with a title that makes you think. As for the RPG itself look at what interests people around here (as in the games) and take the concept and transform it! I can't give you any ideas that would catch on mainly because I don't think like the public. Now if you don't want an RPG then just think of something that can be easily joined in. If you need anything else I can give you a bit more advice but right now I need some sleep.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

This has probably been done before, but what about an Be A Mod RPG? Like where you either get good rep or bad rep as a mod from the AG community for being casual and contributing to a thread, going thru recent posts looking for naughty posts or spam, or temp/permabanning users. Perhaps something like:

Host (you): You enter the tavern and see some threads that might interest you. They are Coke vs Pepsi, The 'Rant' Thread, and Favorite Ice cream flavor.

User: I choose Coke vs Pepsi.

Host: You find that the last person to post responded to "I like Pepsi more because it seems to have more flavor and fizz than Coke" with "me 2". You have never seen the user before but they're a Lord rank with over 1500 Forum Posts.
Do you
A; contribute your belief on the thread topic and ignore the short post
B; say "me 3"
C; warn the user on their profile about short posts
D; temp-ban the user

(If they pick A they neither gain nor lose rep. If they pick B or D they lose rep. If they pick C they gain rep)

MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

@PlasmaMan Thanks for the advice, I'll post if I need more help

@EmporerPalpatine I will probaly use this! If I use it I will give full credit.

Showing 1-3 of 3