ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMake and Design your own animal Contest

20 13933
sirmed2
sirmed2
165 posts
Scribe

Alright, I'm making a contest where I (along with two friends) will judge animals made by you. I know there are a lot of you out there that are VERY creative and can make some very great animals.
Details must include:
-Animal Name
-It's diet
-Describe what it looks like
-Who preys on it and/or what it preys on
-Describe its attitude, like if it's territorial or not.
-Does it have a parasitic or symbiotic (etc) effect? It adds to the creativity if you do as a bonus.
-The winner will be given an Official Seal of Awesomeness (It's all I can really give. Sorry.)

We'll give your animal's ratings for creativity, how realistic it is, and how well it's described.
I'll give you an example:

Hershbe: A huge, lumbering beast that is both magnificent and beautiful.
It is almost twice the size of a bull, and thrice as strong.
It feeds on both ferns and it also feeds on birds (it's neck extends, enabling it to catch them right out of the air) and small animals. They are peaceful in general, but if a male's territory is threatened by either a Human or another Hershbe that can look like a threat, it gets territorial, and will fight for dominance to the death.
The Hershbe's eyes are very weak, and their hearing pales too, so they have these birds called Grey Vultures to sit on its back and be its eyes and ears, in return for its protection.
The Hershbe itself is a huge grey, reptilian creature (it looks reptilian but it's actually a mammal), with a long tail and a very thick, flabby neck. It can stand on its hind legs, like a bear, but usually stays on all fours. It has bear-like hands and bear-like feet.
It usually dwells in forestland, where it's ideal living environment is, a place where food resource knows no bounds. It's numbers, however, are dwindling, due to the fact it is being hunted for its tough hide that can be used for light arrow-proof armor. It's very hard to kill, and you need the proper equipment to do it.

Creativity: 30
Everything else: 3

Anyway, I'd love to see your guys' ideas, and don't be angry or anything if you lose. I made this game supposedly to have fun and to steal your ideas (kidding).

Well, let's see what you've got!

• 20 Replies
sirmed2
sirmed2
165 posts
Scribe

KK, if you allow me, the winner's animal can be used in my Three Kingdoms Saga Book 3: Apotheosis. I'll post all of them on here once they're edited and finished. It's a pretty famous book now; being on "writing.com", or something like that, where I've got 200 reviewers.

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

hey sirmid2 i posted on your zombie page heres my animal

felping ( im crap with names)

it is a furry animal about two times the size of a cat has 3 legs 2 on the back one on the front it (it falls over sometimes) its has a very long tung so it can catch thing from about 40 sentimiters away and it has two ears and a sharp teeth

it eats small things inluding:frogs rats mice and hedghogs etc

it gets hunted by lions wolves and tigers

it is very territorial if anything merely take one step into its territory it will most likely be caught by its tung

the felping will mostlikely travel alone and hunt alone they will fight over there pray, felping also have poison in there teeth so when they bite you will die in 2 hours

well thats it i know its most likely rubbish so im expecting a very rubbish rateing

sirmed1
sirmed1
56 posts
Farmer

Here's my go, always wanted to do this.

Mortalitas
A large, boney bird that is roughly the size of a bald eagle. It has bright golden feathers, and razor sharp talons. The Mortalitas are famous for takeing down bigger prey, anything from the size of a dog to a size of a Human. Mortalitas are killed by anything fast enough to catch it, which is almost nothing, and things fast enough to catch it usually aren't strong enough to kill it.
Mortalitas are very teritorial towards other animals, but will allow other Mortalitas to live near them, or even in the same tree. Towards other animals invading their territory, they will act in suicidal viciousness, not stopping until their enemy is either gone, or dead.
Mortalitas are also famous for laying miniscule eggs in other animals food, and when this food is ingested, the eggs will live off nutrients that are in the hosts stomach. Once the egg is ready to hatch, it will release a poison, killing the host, and then after a waiting period (for acid in the stomach to dissipate) will hatch, and eat its way out of the host. (not exactly the nicest bird.) Once out of the Host, the Mortalitas will take over a nearby borrow, and then be a ground predator. (not a very succesful one, this is the most dangerous period in a Mortalitas life.) and, after a certain time, will leap off a high precipes, and fly. Once in the air, it will stake out its territory and start hunting from the air, something it does with clumsiness at first, and then more and more skill as it hunts.

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

since you let me desighn another animal here it goes

the name of the animal: harfil(still not very good with names)

general info:the harfil is a peacful animal and has a diet of nuts apples tomatoes and lots of other things the same size the harfil is a samm animal about 3 x the size of a rat and a sose thats sticking out ( like a pig) it cannot fend of attackers but can run at high speeds it has four legs two eyes and can be trained to find fruit and is not territorial (becuase it cant fight) and will make friends with other harfils it mostly gets chased by cats and dogs it is not afraid of all animals though and the harfil also lay small eggs that the female protects while protecting the eggs it will go up ageinst anything ( its a family first kind of animal) it likes to just run around and sometime plays with other harfils if attacked as a last weapon it trys to bite you not very sharp teeth becuase it eats fruits well thats my second animal if this one gets more score than first one then yay

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Arquas
Description:A large crocodile-like fish with powerful fins replacing the arms and strong paddling feet. It's tail is also very strong and assists it as a weapon and for swimming extremely fast. It's sense of smell is stronger than a shark's and it is color-blind. They usually dwell in deep parts of the oceans but can come up to the surface if they wish, though they prefer the prey that are at the bottom of the sea. Its teeth is also very strong, able to bite through wood easily and leave marks on metals. It has spike-like weapons on its tail, and its muscles are thick and dense. It is mostly bone, though the tip of the tail is cartilage.
Food Source: Small Fish, Medium Fish, Small Land animals, Big Fish
Attitude: Can be aggressive and territorial, and only kind to its mating partner and children while distrusting of strangers and others of its kind. Its face is also very distinctive from a regular crocodile, because the jaw mouth resembles a whal
Relationships: It has bacteria in its teeth that digest leftover food that gets stuck in between. They get food, and the Arquas gets clean teeth.

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

lets make some more animals yeah!

lopmo (still not good at names)

its look:the lopmo is giant beast bigger than man it has four legs two eyes and two horns it has many many diffrent types all with diffrent skin tones ( not anything diffrent than the skin) the lopmo also has sharp teeth that can bite through the skin of many animals the lopmo has little claws from its feet (ya know the sharp things coming out of its foot) the lopmo has a big nose dosent have a tail

its diet and what eats it:well it eats anything with meat on it and all the animals stay away from though humans hunt it

its abilties:it can run at 30 mphs an hour so it looses some of its pray the lopmo can knock down trees if it runs fast enough, it can bite through a human in five seconds and most animals in three,

the lopmo tend to get sick easily so they are quite weak in that case so lots of lopmos die by that

the lopmo is not territorial towards other lopmos but when an animal of other species comes it will go charge straight for it

well that is my new animal if this one gets a low rateing il make another one thanks for the thread sirmed2

WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,471 posts
Nomad

I like doing these, but I'm not very good at them. I'll give it a shot, but I highly doubt I'll win the "Official Seal of Awesomeness". Heh... I'm also terrible at names.

Species Name: Todlich Vulture, Todlich meaning Deathly in German.

Diet: The Todlich Vulture's diet is much like any other vulture's, except that they have the additional choice of hunting down their own prey, instead of scavenging.

Appearance: The Todlich Vulture is rarely seen and very few even know about this creature. It supposedly has jet black feathers and golden talons, along with a sharp, deadly, reddish brown beak which can tear through flesh with ease. Its wings are massive, and can reach up to lengths of up to 20 to 30 feet long, and very rarely 50 feet. Not only are its wings very large, but also its whole body. It can reach up to 7 feet in height and weigh up to 300 to 500 pounds. Some say its eyes are just a blank stare of death, searching for anything to slay and devour.

Prey and Predators: The Todlich Vulture is feared by many things, especially other animals in its habitat. Humans are its only predator, but only very few dare try locating one, let alone hunt one. The Todlich Vulture lives in secluded places in Africa and South America. But they are more common in Africa. It stays gliding over plains or sit on the branches of tall trees, searching for anything to prey on. It can eat most wildlife, ranging from snakes to lions, from zebras to wildebeest and even on rare occassions, elephants. Altough the Todlich Vulture is not the largest creature around, it can carry heavy prey in its talons such as young zebra and antelope. If an animal is too large to carry away, then it switches to another tactic and continuously dive bombs and slices its prey with its sharp claws.

Behavior: The Todlich Vulture usually lives in solitude, and only come together to mate. It will usually not bother other animals unless it is provoked or looking for food. Todlich Vultures are rarely seen, due to the fact they hide in the shadows most of the time. If a Todlich Vulture spots another one of its species, they will usually end up in a fight for territory.

Physical Abilities: The Todlich Vulture is a true killer. The Todlich Vulture normally glides around at speeds of 40 miles per hour, but when it comes to chasing down prey, they can dive down of up to 200 miles per hour. Its talons are also something to remember about. They can pierce through even the toughest of armor, such as rhinoceros skin. Their claws latch onto prey as they swoop down and away. Their wings are so massive, that they allow it to fight through heavy thunderstorms and strong winds.

KMTrolla
KMTrolla
33 posts
Jester

Species name: Cadog, crossed infected dog and cat

Diet: Moving everywhere with 5-10 herd, hunting everything: humans, animals who survived, Lopmos, felping and birds.

Appearance: They are everywhere but mostly in Europe and America. Few are living in Africa, Australia, and Asia. They look like dog and cat mutant. They hunt with herds 1-2 Tracker, Leader and 2-3 hunter. Colour of fur is very different. Trackers are skinny but fast, good ear hearing, good nose they got 3-4 eyes 2 of them is cat eye or dog. Tracker teeths are sharp they injure prey. Hunter is larger then tracker they got dog strengh and smell but also cats clever and they also can climb top of trees. Leader is most bigger but not always smarter but it has 3x strengh of dog.

Prey and Predators:
Prey is weaker animals or monsters. Cadog attack tactic is more advanced. They can climb on trees but they are also fast.

Behavior: Hunt or be hunted. If Cadog herd is hungry they catch everything even other Cadog herd. Strong kills weaker one, easy. They travel around searching a food

Physical Abilities: They kill for food and survive in this madness. Hunter, Tracker, Leader: they got all skills from dog and cat. Jaws are strong but defense are weak so it is easy to kill it.

If find cadog puppie, it can be trained a professional killer for you own. But training and finding is very hard and takes a lot of time. Trained Cadog is your friend for ever who helps you every time if you order him

This is my idea you can make it better just some idea to make people pet a heartless killer

sirmed2
sirmed2
165 posts
Scribe

Ahem- Congratulations to BigFatKitty's Ramshackel Golem! 6282558<i class=324243%3Fxg_source%3Dactivity&docid=svgbbi5_HteYPM&w=350&h=350&ei=XTBkTqH6NrTXiALEleCxCg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=315&vpy=76&dur=1010&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=78&ty=119&ampage=1&tbnh=130&tbnw=130&start=0&ndsp=33&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&biw=1280&bih=865" alt="http://http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=official+seal+of+awesomeness&hl=en&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=M96IO3o-dkW2nM:&imgrefurl=http://weezer.com/xn/detail/6282558324243%3Fxg_source%3Dactivity&docid=svgbbi5_HteYPM&w=350&h=350&ei=XTBkTqH6NrTXiALEleCxCg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=315&vpy=76&dur=1010&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=78&ty=119&ampage=1&tbnh=130&tbnw=130&start=0&ndsp=33&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&biw=1280&bih=865" />. (I don't know if this will work or not. It's probably gonna be a jumble of letters.)
Congratulations to Sirmed1, for his Mortalitas!
Congratulations to Worst Sniper for his Todlich Vulture!

Kk, I'm starting a new contest. Well, maybe a contest. If people put down more animals. If you didn't win the first time, try again with a different animal.

sirmed2
sirmed2
165 posts
Scribe

Yes. Dang, I'm new to this, so, um, k.

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

who won??? i want to know

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

BigFatKitty won the first one.

Species name:Picarfolacis
Common Name: "Ice Cruncher"

Animal Type: Reptile
Diet: Ice, Cold Substances, Cold-Blooded animals
Dislikes: Mammals, Birds, Heat
Description: This animal has a muscular jaw that resembles its long lost ancestor, the Dunkleosteus(real extinct animal, google it!). The animal's forearms are muscular and can be used to hold things because it has apposable thumbs. They have perfect vision and perfect smell. However, the reason why they haven't eaten all the animals to extinction, is because of its near-deaf hearing. It also has no sense of touch as its body is covered in rock-like scales, but it can, however, feel pain. Its bite is the strongest out of all the animals in the world, capable of biting harder than even crocodiles. They can live in the coldest of environments due to having waterproof and cold-proof scales. However, Heat is easily always kept inside its body and thus they need to cool down by eating ice or snow. Their tail is also very short, and has virtually no use at all. They are truly unstoppable. The only reason why their population is kept at a fair level is because of its natural enemy, the Arquas.
Attitude: It usually eats everything that it can get its hands on. It uses its smell and vision to spot its diet. If it sees mammals or birds, they instantly turn away as they hate the taste of feathers and fur. Some even reject it to a level that even if they have nothing else to eat, they would rather starve than eat warm-blooded animals. They are not territorial. In fact, they are nomads and travel around. If they have children, they leave them to fend for themselves. They have no remorse for anything they eat, although they do feel sadness for their own kind.
Relationships: It has formed "alliances" with penguins due to the fact that penguins amuse them when they walk. They offer their protection for the penguins sometimes.

My second animal.......

sirmed2
sirmed2
165 posts
Scribe

Here's my go, why not? (Since nobody's going to contribute to the contest) It's in the medevil thing

Name: Tiadal Wolf

Appearance: A large, black wolf

Locations: Commonly found in the darkest parts of the forests, and in the hills, and in the mountains, and are known as "legends" to nearbye townfolk, for their stealth is amazing.

Abilities: Some say that a Wizard put a curse on them long ago, and when they howl, it seduced people and animals to go to their doom, where they practically give themselves away to their meal.

Pack: The Tiadal wolves hunt in packs lead by one Alpha Male and one Alpha Female. They travel in groups of six/twenty, most commonly twelve.

Prey: If hungry, the Tiadal will eat anything that looks like it's edible. It's most common food resources are the
Drog, a very large three horned deer. they are fairly the same size, and though the Drog is stronger, the Tiadal is way more elusive, versatile and agile. It attacks by going for the throat, tearing it off. Though, they must be careful, because there are barely any Drogs that go alone, for many graze in many packs, and although being in a group makes them less aware of others, their stampede is thunderous. And also, alone, if a Drog is aware of the Tiadal being there, it will trample it down. Though, in a pack, the Tiadals will easily hunt them down with great team effort.

Attitude: The Tiadal acts kindly to no one except the alpha male. If it is the alpha male/female it treats its pack poorly to keep its dominance. It is frequently being challenged, and this is why being the alpha is a very dangerous position. To Humans, it keeps its distance, yet when it goes into their territory, it will be prone to attack wit suicidal ferocity. It is very tough, and very swift, and it would be wise to climb a tree or run away instead of fighting, but they are very fast, and turning your back would be trying to die.

Young: The Tiadal young are protected viciously by the mother, and will fend off bears, other Tiadals, and everything that threatens her young. She will fight to the death for them until the young is old enough to fend for themselves; and then she will send them away and start looking for a new mate.

Relationships: The Tiadals do not have any.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Name: Deephawk

Appearance: Like a pheonix, but smaller and not flaming. Ranging in color from deep-velvet black to bright clear teal in appearence.
Location: They live in modern cities under a thick coating of Glamour.
Food: It eats small creatures, called Eirains. Nobody has ever seen an Eiran, but one person claimed to have seen a Deephawk tearing into something a dull gray with wicked teeth.
Attitude: They normally don't care for the lives of mortals. They only care when their egg is threatened, and humans wouldn't usually surrvive long against one.
Egg: A round, pearl-like sphere that ranges in color from pastel pink to lime green, marked with swirls and streaks.
Notes: These are said to be the most graceful of birds. Their feathers are translucent and finding one means good luck. All the best writings have been done with a Deephawk quill feather.

sirmed2
sirmed2
165 posts
Scribe

K, the new submissions are great so far- I might make a new one, and send a link here, maybe. :P

Showing 1-15 of 20