ForumsThe TavernHas anyone heard of Paraganglioma?

15 3075
wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

[url=Dude if u have sleeping problems and u have tried everything (but drugs) then chill out and read. Or play videogames or do something. If u got school then study a little. I mean since u can't sleep, why not use the time doing better things other than rolling around and moaning. That's what I do, I go and watch some tv and go back to bead and sleep easy] Paraganglioma is a very, very rare tumor that is hereditary. I happen to have this thanks to my dad and his mom. I actually have to get them surgically removed. I was just wondering if any one else has or has even heard of paraganglioma.

• 15 Replies
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

Dude if u have sleeping problems and u have tried everything (but drugs) then chill out and read. Or play videogames or do something. If u got school then study a little. I mean since u can't sleep, why not use the time doing better things other than rolling around and moaning. That's what I do, I go and watch some tv and go back to bead and sleep easy

what does that part have to do with it?
divy1324
divy1324
433 posts
Nomad

Yes what does that have to do with that? I ve heard of it 'cause my mom is a doctor.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

I've never heard of these, but they sound peculiar. Are they recurring and is there some sort of treatment for them, other than getting them removed when they appear?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer
wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

Thanks Patric that is what that was supposed to be! The thing I put in the url spot was for another post. Sorry!

wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

Paraganglioma is a very, very rare tumor that is hereditary. I happen to have this thanks to my dad and his mom. I actually have to get them surgically removed. I was just wondering if any one else has or has even heard of paraganglioma.

This was what my first post was supposed to be.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Never heard of it but that sounds bad dude

wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I had to have a 2 hour long conversation with a doctor about the tumors. It was very boring and a little nerve racking.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Sounds fun. Did u freak out learning about the thing that's shouldn't be inside u?

wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

Yeah, did you look at the pictures that are in the link! It's terribly gross and I want them out of me. I have three all near my carotid artery in my neck.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Uh ewww. So this is why u can't sleep right? How long until ur surgery?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

These aren't common so I have only heard of them in passing. But it's a good thing you're scheduled to get them out, as carotid paragangliomas are the most likely to press on things like your artery, or vagus nerve (which does a lot of things!) And it's also a good thing that most of them are benign.

Gameboy98
Gameboy98
232 posts
Jester

Never heard of it. But you make it seem so disgusting. :X :X :X :X :X (If you don't know much about smileys, this is the nausea smiley) Sounds really, really bad, man.

To Strop:
You didn't have to tell people that. I mean I thought Moderators were supposed to moderate, not actually post comments like any other player.

wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

To Strop:
You didn't have to tell people that. I mean I thought Moderators were supposed to moderate, not actually post comments like any other player.

I thought It was helpful, and I see moderators commenting on all sorts of posts.
The doctors haven't decided when they want to do the surgery, it could still be months away.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

I never heard of it. Sounds bad, dude... I hope you gets well

But it's a good thing you're scheduled to get them out, as carotid paragangliomas are the most likely to press on things like your artery, or vagus nerve (which does a lot of things!)

By that you mean that one of these things can slow his blood flow to some parts of the body?

That's dangerous!

What the vagus nerve do?
Showing 1-15 of 15