ForumsProgramming ForumA little help, please?

9 4078
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hi folks.

A friend of mine is thinking about submitting a game here on AG, but he doesn't know how to use Flash nor can afford it.

He is using a program named "Scratch". Is possible to submit a game created on this program?

I know nothing about computers, so I barely know what is this program.

• 9 Replies
Xinito
Xinito
109 posts
Nomad

I think Scratch dont make .swf files, he should buy Adobe Flash which is around 600/700 dollar. He could also use free programs like Stencyl, this is the link: . Have fun

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

That means that games made on Scratch can't be submitted to AG?

Do this Stencyl have a version in portuguese? My friend does not speak english...

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

That means that games made on Scratch can't be submitted to AG?

Do this Stencyl have a version in portuguese? My friend does not speak english...

you'll need something like adobe flash, and that costs money
PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

[quote]That means that games made on Scratch can't be submitted to AG?

you'll need something like adobe flash, and that costs money[/quote]
Not necessarily, he could try FlashDevelop - it's free, and produces .swf files. Your friend will have to learn some workarounds since FlashDevelop doesn't have a graphical interface (as in, you can draw stuff in Flash, and you can't in FlashDevelop) but if he's willing to learn there shouldn't be a problem!
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

i use flashdevelop and i use ogmo (u got to learn XML but that is a learn as you go) as the level editor and Gimp as a graphics editor (just as good as piantshop pro i have used both).

but does he know any thing about flash he will have to learn AS3 or C to program flash, are you saying CS5 adobes program IDE (itegrated development evironment) he does not know how to use? flash develop is easy to use you just need to know how to program in AS3 (it suports C but i don't think it can complie it) but i eould be nice if he would ask, though you need to know english to use the forums or GOOGLE TRANSLATE!, as he need an account to sumit it anywho and only he can sumit,
but flash develop does most laungues, i know (i and is a best of dev friend here at AG) who talks spanish any he makes it (i think he knows english or he is realy good with google translate... but hope that helps!!!

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

i use flashdevelop and i use ogmo (u got to learn XML but that is a learn as you go) as the level editor and Gimp as a graphics editor (just as good as piantshop pro i have used both).

but does he know any thing about flash he will have to learn AS3 or C to program flash, are you saying CS5 adobes program IDE (itegrated development evironment) he does not know how to use? flash develop is easy to use you just need to know how to program in AS3 (it suports C but i don't think it can complie it

I'll talk to him. Thanks.

but i eould be nice if he would ask, though you need to know english to use the forums or GOOGLE TRANSLATE!, as he need an account to sumit it anywho and only he can sumit,

He has an account. But he uses it to play Exit Path 2 as he does not know how to speak english and, frankly, Google Translator is a dung.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

He has an account. But he uses it to play Exit Path 2 as he does not know how to speak english and, frankly, Google Translator is a dung.

AG is an English site so any text would also have to be English so would the descriptions and such. Having a mastery in English is pretty essential in being a successful programming nowadays.

Best he could do is buy Flash student edition for $200 or just learn HTML5 and make games with that.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

AG is an English site so any text would also have to be English so would the descriptions and such. Having a mastery in English is pretty essential in being a successful programming nowadays.

That is why I'm helping him! ;D

I'm not a master, but surely I'm better than Google. :P

Best he could do is buy Flash student edition for $200 or just learn HTML5 and make games with that.

200 bucks??!! That includes taxes? My country's taxes are HUGE!

I don't really know if he is willing to post a game. He created a game on Scratch and asked me if there was any possibility of posting it here.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

200 bucks??!! That includes taxes? My country's taxes are HUGE!

200 bucks is a steal. If he can't afford that he either needs to get a job or find a cheaper hobby.

I don't really know if he is willing to post a game. He created a game on Scratch and asked me if there was any possibility of posting it here.

Long story short, nope.
Showing 1-9 of 9