ForumsThe TavernChildrens Names

23 4652
cloudygrl25
cloudygrl25
27 posts
Nomad

By no right, should I be planning for children now, but I've been thinking of names for when I do have them. For girls I love the name Claudia and Trista.

For boys I really adore the name "Samael". However, a ton of people wouldn't want me naming a child... after [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samael] For goodness sake people name their kids "Daemeon"- literally translated "Demon". I'd at least have that whole Arch-angel going for me.

What are your thoughts about it? Good/bad/indifferent?

• 23 Replies
IcyGryphon
IcyGryphon
159 posts
Nomad

For a girl, I would name my daughter Dawn or Elizabeth. Dawn is unique to me and Elizabeth is a name of royalty. So I like it ha.
For a boy, I would name my son Leon or Alexander. Leon I just like for some reason and for Alexander.. the royalty thing ha.

jayjay9
jayjay9
485 posts
Peasant

For my daughter i would like Jennifer and Stephanie
Jennifer and Stephanie cuz they are some beautiful names.
And boy i would like Alex and Justin
Alex cuz it sounds cool and Justin cuz it sounds coll too.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Samael is a very good name with an amazing origin. Just don't give a **** what other people say. People name kids Michael and Gabriel all the time, why should Samael be so different. If that is what you want your son's name to be, go for it. The name Samuel is derived from Samael and nobody complains when it is used.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i cant give you any suggestions but (i didnt bother to read everything in your link) if you want samael then you should do it. as dragon said. people keep calling their children with the names of many angels. i cant see why its so wrong to do this.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

Apparently, it's not a good idea to give your kid a rare, creative name. It's the seventh (appears first).

Anyways, I think Caleb is a nice name for a boy.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Concerning the name Samael I agree with what Dragonblaze said, it's a perfectly fine name. I've already heard pretty stupid names, and keep in mind many names have a biblical origin. Why not Samael?

Anyways, I think Caleb is a nice name for a boy.

Never let him listen to the song Caleb
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

I would name my son Sue
No really I would name my daughter Emma because It sounds Cool
My son would be Charles or James.

Drunkun
Drunkun
59 posts
Nomad

Girl=Dawn or Teddy (I don't know why.)
Boy=Phoenix or Leon.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

If it's a girl then Roxanne. If it's a boy, Steve. Those to me are awesome names and I don't care what anybody thinks.

For my daughter i would like Jennifer

That's my mom's middle name.
Drunkun
Drunkun
59 posts
Nomad

f it's a boy, Steve.

Sounds original. o_o
If he were to be a comedian, I guess it would be Bob or Fred. (Not because of the screaming kid on Youtube.)
Drunkun
Drunkun
59 posts
Nomad

Mistake.

f it's a boy, Steve

Correction:
If it's a boy, Steve.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I have heard of one girl named L-a (pronounced Ladasha). I would never name a kid that..... EVER!

My first son's name will be James, but he will go by his middle name, which I haven't decided on yet. It's a family tradition.

No really I would name my daughter Emma because It sounds Cool

My niece just had a girl by that name.
Drunkun
Drunkun
59 posts
Nomad

Son= Leon Michael ______
Daughter=Teddy Roxanne _______

Me= ____ ______ _______

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Hmm I dunno. My dad's name is Manuel, mines Emmanuel. Maybe I'll name my kid jerry. Well, jerry will probably be what my wife will want to name him. Or if it's a girl then something like linda. This is exactly when I will stop her and let her know that our child will have a dominican name. or a combination of both our names. My child will stay in touch with his/her roots. So that's what I think a childs name should involve. Roots.

SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

Just don't name your child something that they wouldn't like. I know that's impossible to know, but a good name is one with Origins. Like someone said above Leon for a male is good. In fact I WISH I could have had a name like Leon. It reminds me of a Flaming Lion with no fear. I probably would have turned out a bit different if that were my name actually, because I have turned down so many ideas because I never feel unique.. Pathetic yes.

Just don't name your child something stupid that they will regret later in life.

Showing 1-15 of 23