ForumsThe TavernThat "Wait a minute!" moment

18 2719
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

The "Wait a minute!" moment is when you finally figure out when your parents had lied to you about something and you were at first too young to realise but then you said "Wait a minute!"

A few of mine:

The ice cream man plays music when he's run out of ice-cream (Finally figured out after we bought ice-cream one day)

Cars don't start unless the seat-belts are on. (Never found out till I was 8 and he said he never but his on)

Soft drinks were originally designed as poison for rats and if you drink more than two cans you could die (I was 7 and my parents said they had a rat problem. I replied "Why don't we give them lemonade?" and they finally told me the truth.

Have you ever had the "Wait a minute!"? Explain. Or tell someone's you've heard.

• 18 Replies
Nick712
Nick712
12 posts
Nomad

my grandma kept telling me blue-tailed lizards would bite ur toes off. Grandma was scared of blue-tailed lizards.... lol

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

my grandma kept telling me blue-tailed lizards would bite ur toes off. Grandma was scared of blue-tailed lizards.... lol

Well, there are lizards called Blue-Tailed Skinks, but they're small and timid. Did find out though, their tails are hallucinogenic in cats...
aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

if u dont go to sleep before 9 pm there lighting found out after our clock was 3 hours early

Showing 16-18 of 18