aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

oh wow lucid dreaming and yes that was question

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I have lucid dreams all the time, and they seem like everything is correct in them, but when I wake up, I realize that the dream made no sense at all, but in the dream, it made perfect sense. It is often hard to wake up fully after such dreams, as you can't shake the feeling of realism.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

The weirdest part, for me at least, is when you are aware enough to realize that you're lying in your bed and you need to go up, but you feel like you need to finish whatever you were doing in your dream before you can get up, because on some level, you don't quite realize that it is all in your head, despite the fact that you know you're dreaming.

Also, a bit off topic, but has anyone ever woke up when their alarm clock rang, looked at the clock, and just not been able to figure out what the time is for, like, a minute? Only happens when you wake up suddenly, though.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

When I wake up suddenly like that sometimes I can't do anything at all. I'm breathing heavily and trying to stay awake. It's like I was stunned.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

That's generally the only way I ever dream. Even when I'm asleep, something in the dream tells me that it can't possibly be real.

Does it have anything at all to do with a lack of imagination?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

When I become aware that I'm dreaming I can usually take control or be able to do impossible things in the dream at will. For instance I can sort of float/fly, pass through solid objects or be completely unharmed by any danger.

daxflame44
daxflame44
151 posts
Nomad

Okay, I'm not trying to spam here, this link pertains to the conversation.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPvZlsj4nfQ]

Leo can explain it better than me. Its so true though because the only way I can ever tell whether I'm dreaming or not is if I wake up abruptly in the middle of something or I can't remember the beginning of the memory/dream.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

The problem is, when it's happening, you automatically try to rationalize things. For example, last night I dreamed that I was looking for socks in my sock drawer. In the dream the socks, although the right kind, were still packaged (bundled together with that piece of paper with a barcode/label that they put around them). In reality, all the packaging is gone. During the dream, I rationalized that my parents must have bought me new socks.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Fast for a conclusion.
It could be anything. Maybe he was drunk and last night seemed like a dream. Or drugs same thing. But it can be lucid dreaming yes.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

It could be anything. Maybe he was drunk and last night seemed like a dream. Or drugs same thing. But it can be lucid dreaming yes.

I don't drink, nor do I take drugs of any kind (illegal, perscription, or the kind you can just buy like Tylenol) and this sort of thing happens to me sometimes (about twice a month). Sometimes I'll dream that I'm bored at school, then I'll wake up and realize that I have to go to school and then I'll be upset because it feels like I already went.
eddyalex
eddyalex
307 posts
Nomad

Yep mate you are not the only one, we all do it i suppose, anyway when the really good part comes i wake up ( whicj is really annoying ) so i cant fulfill the dream

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,231 posts
Jester

i had a part-lucid dream that i was walking to school (which is dumb because i'm really far away) and i just saw a bunch of dead things lying around. So i thought there was a crazy murderer around, and i hid in a bush. when the crazy murderer dude passed, i ran home and hid under my blanket. then i woke up, in the same position. which makes me wonder....:P

Showing 1-15 of 16