ForumsThe TavernLongboarding

12 4220
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

any longboarders here in AG?

this is the thread to talk about your current set up, recent purchases, post any videos of yourself, ask questions in regards to longboard, and everything else regarding it.

im about to get a landyachtz chinook, with caliber 44 trucks blood orange bushings

• 12 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I've always found longboarding interesting. I don't longboard, just regular skate, but i have tried it out.

Questions for delo ;o
1. Did you regular skate before you longboarded?
2. If so, which do you find easier?

KineticNinja
KineticNinja
166 posts
Nomad

I only skate but I have tried my friends longboard and I think it's really fun! I want to get a longboard because then I could do tricks and stuff on my skateboard and go down hills on my longboard.

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

I'm not a real big skater, but a do sometimes when I'm with my buds. I can only do a couple tricks on them, isn't that bad though.
My friend used to have a longboard, but then he left it at Five Guys(if people know what that is) and he hasn't seen it since. Now he has one from like Zero Skate or something like that.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

Questions for delo ;o
1. Did you regular skate before you longboarded?
2. If so, which do you find easier?

1.i mean im a senior now and when i started longboarding it was the summer going into junior year. but if it really counts for much, i skate boarded on a small skateboard for about 6 months.

2.its kinda hard to say which one is "harder". they are both used for 2 different things.
Noobclone
Noobclone
127 posts
Peasant

I have no idea what long-boarding is, care to enlighten me?

Is it over water?

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

no its like a really long skateboard.

watch this

one of the more popular longboard vids

Noobclone
Noobclone
127 posts
Peasant

Oh, is it like those people who skate really fast downhills in races? I thought those were skateboards are they really longboards..

anywho thanks for the vid

Looks very dangerous that route; he could have easily flown right off several cliffs..

it's looks cool
not as many tricks I suppose as skateboards though

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

it's looks cool
not as many tricks I suppose as skateboards though

common misconception, typically anything you can do on a skate board, you can do on a longboard with a few acceptions to both sides.

Here

i havent even seen skate boarders do some of these flip tricks 0_o
Noobclone
Noobclone
127 posts
Peasant

looks like you have to have certain kinds of shoes and gloves for some of those lol

looks pretty cool overall fuu~

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

eh the shoes are sort of whatever, you can longboard in any shoe really. it is good to have slide gloves though so you can touch the ground and not mess up your hand

calemango
calemango
82 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I can contribute to the conversation. I started to learn how to longboard in June and I'm getting pretty good at it. My dad and I started to make a homemade one, too. It has a nice shape, looks like an original surfboard on top and well the underside is still blank, so I'm working on it. But I'm pretty sure that I'll need way more practice in order to at least TRY to do what those guys did on the vid. But the skateboard looks pretty wicked. @__@

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

is it really a surfboard on wheels? if so make sure you put in some sort of wheel well

Showing 1-12 of 12