ForumsThe TavernSnowboarding vs. Skiing

15 2484
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

What do you prefer snowboarding or skiing? I prefer skiing but I would like to know from other AG users what is more fun.

• 15 Replies
Drunkun
Drunkun
59 posts
Nomad

Skiing is my opinion.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,482 posts
Shepherd

I like to Skii. I do not get to experience doing either in my life, Skiing is easier to learn and you fall less -- It is still a great sport and hard to be pro in.

Snowboarding is awesome to see/watch, but it is super difficult and starting = lots of falling. I would be up to it but I don't get to snowy sport much unless if it is for fun on vacation, so I usually try it out a little just to get a laugh. Snowboarding seems MUCH more fun if you learn how to do it.

Arjan
Arjan
41 posts
Nomad

Well, I really prefer skiing since I think it's more fun. You can do some neat tricks with snowboarding though.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

You know i've never done either >.>
Although when i watch both sports, i always think snowboarding looks more impressive, which is strange as i'd guess skiing is a lot harder to learn.

alovera1
alovera1
510 posts
Peasant

i have the same opinion as jefferysinspiration and ive never done both

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

I haven't done either of them. But I've seen some videos of both Snowboarding and Skiing, but I'd say Skiing because it looks pretty easy and fast to learn. Plus Snowboarding looks like it requires good balance and my balance isn't too good.

KineticNinja
KineticNinja
166 posts
Nomad

Snowboarding fosho. Snowboarding is extremely fun, but I have never gone skiing before so I wouldn't actually no lol

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

i havent down either but i would like to learn to snowboard cauz its cool

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

hmm i would say Snowboarding.. mostly cause i kinda know how to skateboard.. but Skiing is a lot easier.. still Snowboarding.

Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

skiing because im looking straight ahead

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I've been skiing for much longer, but i enjoy both equally. I have never hurt myself skiing though, while i have broken both my arms (at once) snowboarding.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

I prefer skiing, honestly. I've been skiing since I can remember. My opinion of snowboarding isn't helped when groups of snowboarders are just sitting on their butts and blocking off an entire slope.

MostlyToastly
MostlyToastly
102 posts
Nomad

Oh, I love both! Right after I got my driver's license, but when I was still in college(aka when I actually had significant amounts of free time) I would drive to Park City at least once a month(assuming there was snow) with a friend of mine, and we would snowboard and ski. I do snowboarding and skiing, and Alta was actually closer, but he's only a snowboarder and Alta doesn't allow snowboarding, so we went to Park City, and we had great fun every time.
In my opinion, snowboarding is the more difficult of the two, as long as you're just going down slopes and not doing tricks(because I wouldn't know about tricks). Snowboarding requires more balance and more control than skiing, or at least I think so. But they both take some getting used to, and a lot of practice. I definitely recommend learning either though, because it's very worth it.

MostlyToastly
MostlyToastly
102 posts
Nomad

college

High school. Not college. You see now the effects of repeated injury to the head, caused primarily by falling headfirst into the snow while skiing(I am slightly better at snowboarding).
Showing 1-14 of 15