ForumsThe TavernThe Difference

6 1769
Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

People say there's no difference between hating something, and not giving a crap about it. I say there is.

You see, if you hate something, you care enough to hate it. When you don't give a crap... you don't give a crap. I don't have many examples which I can present, but if anyone does, post them here.
Like this: Politics.

'I hate politics' means you want politics to go away. 'I don't care about politics' means you don't like getting involved in politics, but don't mind if you have to.

• 6 Replies
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Yeah, there's a difference. If you don't care about something, you're apathetic; if you hate something...well then congratulations you hate something! http://rlv.zcache.com/awesome_b_smiley_face_postcard-p239534397106282280trdg_400.jpg

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I totally get what you mean.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_IqPIbsNl4ho/SFNKbrr-16I/AAAAAAAAASk/OEOmJn0Gg7E/s400/funny+thoughts.jpg

But i don't give a crap about life.

Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

There definitely is a difference. If you just don't care you are completely indifferent and the thing does not at all effect your existence. If you hate something, you care about it in a negative way and if it comes up, in a conversation or on the news, you are angered or upset by it.

KineticNinja
KineticNinja
166 posts
Nomad

My example is Justin Bieber: some people scream at him (hate him), some love him, and others don't give a crap, like me. I don't really like him, but I don't hate him enough to 'denounce' him.

Pretty much the people that like him are losers for liking somebody who got famous for something he's not good at, and the people who hate him have no life because they get so jealous they go on every video they can find about him and hate on it.
Arjan
Arjan
41 posts
Nomad

People say there's no difference between hating something, and not give a crap about it.

I totally agree. But to be honest, I've never heard anyone saying that.

Pretty much the people that like him are losers for liking somebody who got famous for something he's not good at

I'm going to be honest: I don't care about him, but saying things like that about him makes you a ''hater'', and it's a bit stupid to say things like that.

All haters are jealous. So are you.
Showing 1-5 of 6