ForumsProgramming ForumHave a look at my (unfinished) game!

109 45297
ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

http://www.swfme.com/view/1269722

It's been about 2 weeks in development.

Anyway, right now it gets pretty repetitive and boring. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it more interesting?

• 109 Replies
ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Nonebrokenlink

Whoops, the previous link is broken.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

I haven't really understand what the game means maybe add some instructions ?

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

I figured out the game, and I have to admit it's very very good. Music and maybe some special effects would really improve it to make it a good game! Maybe add a home screen with instructions and help because it took me a while to figure out the controls. But nice!

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

Its cool, you can make a level wheres the bullets bounces when hit the walls, I think this code can make it:
if("bullet collide horizontal wall&quot{
bullet.xSpeed*=-1;
}

Anyway, you make a good game, Im sure that your game can be really addictive if you put more features like upgrades, bonuses or combos.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

This has alot of potential. Add some bonuses in their (You know like bullet speed 1/2x, Your speed 2x), a few special effects, some good high quality audio, and you have yourself a great game!

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Sorry I can't check it out at the moment but will later I just wanted to say something about the bouncing there Toony (carlytoon) but down, the *-1 works great and is fine for starting or math matic things but with somthing that needs to be fast it is best to use this -( the var) this basicly changes the sign of a number( positive to negetive and visversa) . It is casting (more techniacal stuff but easy It is used to change types like string to nubers and such) the var to - so neg and ned = pos and so on, but it is a little faster as it has a pecedence of 14 out of 15 where * and = have one of 13 out of 15, and if that made no sence to you don't worry just remmeber instead of *= -1 for things that need to be realy fast you should do -(var).
Though I don't think I is that big of a deal every inch can help! Hope that help some one!

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,032 posts
Nomad

Really nice game, I have to say. I got totally immersed in it once I figured out the controls. Maybe adding some upbeat techno music would be a nice addition to the game. I could totally see this being some sort of Facebook game.

To all of those who are wondering:
Instructions- Try to avoid the blue bolts by moving the rotating yellow square with the mouse.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

It's pretty good a way to drastically increase the repeatability of the game is let the user destroy the bullets to some degree and include an rpg system. After they finish you give them a unique text for how well they did. You could possibly include achievements and such.

alovera1
alovera1
510 posts
Peasant

i first thought the yellow square was my aiming thing and i moved it into the gun and lost then i relized how to play it can become a challenge if you survive long enough but i like it

alovera1
alovera1
510 posts
Peasant

over time it gets kinda trippy it looks like the bullets are turning and stuff like that it looks wierd sorry for dp

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

Quite good and i got 59 seconds! I would definatley give your game a 10 if you postwed it on AG. And I think the no music is quite a nice change for me. Also its nice and simple.
a good stratagy is to keep all of the bullets heading in the same direction.

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

(So that I don't spam the forums... all questions involving my game will go here.)

I've spent far too much time looking for music. I think I've found a good track though.

Law of Disorder

How does that sound?

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

NIce... sounds appropriate

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

I've spent far too much time looking for music. I think I've found a good track though.
Law of Disorder
How does that sound?

I like it.
ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Version 0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.2 is out!

Features include:
Way faster speeds and less lag
Pixel perfect collison detection
Music
Cannon sort-of fires to the beat of the music
Preloader

Showing 1-15 of 109