ForumsProgramming ForumHave a look at my (unfinished) game!

109 45299
ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

http://www.swfme.com/view/1269722

It's been about 2 weeks in development.

Anyway, right now it gets pretty repetitive and boring. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it more interesting?

• 109 Replies
ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Whoops, I forgot to give credit to the maker of the music...

(Updated version with credit)

Xinito
Xinito
109 posts
Nomad

Nice game, great job my record was 51 seconds.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

well tryed the first and it was a great idea! then i tryed the second played it for a long (well not that long under a minute LOL) time and got this error:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at PlayScreen/onTick()
at flash.utils::Timer/_timerDispatch()
at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

i was runing the SWF in my debug flash player so it tells me istead of just contueing. but other than that the was a big in prove ment on it mabye you could spice it up with some power ups and other bulites or enemys or say a system so you can turn intangable or stop time for a time but only once or something... or mybe you could put or spwan power ups that make it so you can eat bullits like in pac man! that would be fun and funny! or make it so you have to destroy the thing shuting at you anf then you go to the next level to a harder one, but that destorys the surival time idea...

all and all it is a awsome game i would give it right now a 8/10 (i am picky i know...)!
spice it up a little and i am sherh AG will take it in!

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Yes, I know about the TypeError bug, and I have fixed it.

My idea currently is to have several "stages" of sorts. Each stage lasts for ~30 seconds, and once a stage is over, all the bullets disappear and something changes. Like the cannon fires faster or in shots of 3, or it moves around, or something...

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Right, I've set up a website of sorts at a free web hosting service. The website right now is unfinished and is still under construction, because I'm not really that great with HTML. You can still have a look at it here if you so desire.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

My idea currently is to have several "stages" of sorts. Each stage lasts for ~30 seconds, and once a stage is over, all the bullets disappear and something changes. Like the cannon fires faster or in shots of 3, or it moves around, or something...

An rpg level progression system sounds better thought. Has more re-playability and most people would continue playing for much longer and have more fun that with infinite stages, thought you might add stages to the above concept anyway and it would work.
Awesomeyi
Awesomeyi
122 posts
Nomad

It's a good game with a lot of potential. You have the fun part there, but maybe upgrades or items? Seeking bullets would be nice and some variation too.

Xinito
Xinito
109 posts
Nomad

You should make it like you fire 10 bullets in the start and your game over fast and earn some gold and go to the shop after the stage, and you can buy like -1 bullet so the cannon fire 9 bullets once so its easier to get a higher score and you can earn a better score. And you may could add something like health/lives and you can upgrade it etc etc to make it more enjoyable!

Xinito
Xinito
109 posts
Nomad

Sorry for DP. You could also add something like your invincible for 5 seconds and its a 1 and a cooldown like 30 secs and you can upgrade that etc.

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Version 0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.3 is out!

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/253154b8a1c7a80f7ab95feccc5643f5

Features include:
- Slightly improved performance
- New background
- Lives system (green squares are extra lives)
- Rewritten to be more OOP

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Well if you ever have played Frantic there is a bullet scraping idea in there that I think could be used perhaps to destroy bullets and gain XP or perhaps a power up bar that when full gives you bombs that destroy bullets within a small area around you.

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,032 posts
Nomad

I love the new version, looks like it could make front page. It could use a little more powers ups, just to give the game more spice. What if it had a 'shield' power up? Where you obtain a shield for five seconds?
Also, the power ups should be diamond-shaped. Just to add some diversity.

IfYouInsist
IfYouInsist
260 posts
Nomad

Nice. I like the idea. But I think instead of bullets coming randomly from outside of the screen, there could possibly more turrets that come in instead.

llamaman12
llamaman12
1 posts
Nomad

look fun

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Right now, the current sprites for the powerups are temporary.

Showing 16-30 of 109