ForumsPopular MediaStephen King

33 14101
Demetra
Demetra
63 posts
Nomad

Im a big fan of S.K so i created this topic for all the fans
Have you read any book recently?Which is your favorite?Anything to talk about S.K and his work just here!

Well - here's something that has been bothering me for days!
Im currently reading the Dreamcatcher.I was realy surprised when i read about Derry and Pennywise.When Mr.Gray went to the standpipe in order to contaminate the city's water,up there was a plaque of the Loser's club where there was written "Pennywise Lives".
This is a mystery and remains a mystery all these refers to IT.
Well he likes to keep us searching and sweating about what this might be xD clever!

• 33 Replies
sirmed2
sirmed2
165 posts
Scribe

Meh, I'm not really into him. I'd much rather Orson Scott Card.

waluigi
waluigi
1,948 posts
Shepherd

I love reading Stephen King as well. At this point, my favorite story is either "The Shining" or "'Salem's Lot". Both are very good. I also like the Dark Tower series. I need to start reading his books again.

Demetra
Demetra
63 posts
Nomad

A nice book ive recently read,is "Under the dome" i must say it was the best book ive read in my whole life.The plot fantastic and the characters so well made!You will love it im pretty sure!

pablo4270
pablo4270
1,931 posts
Peasant

I like that show, Haven, that is based off of one of his books.

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

I'm really not a fan of King's work, but I actually liked his movie "The Langoliers."

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

I actually like Stephen King, although... in most cases some of his books and plots never make much sense, they're never really boring and always have a good amount of suspense in them.

warriorunleashed
warriorunleashed
14 posts
Nomad

they're never really boring and always have a good amount of suspense in them.

Thats what i like about his writing.
Demetra
Demetra
63 posts
Nomad

Acutaly yes!When im reading his books im never bored.I can't stop the truth is i might be reading from 10 to 2 pm and still i can't stop!

darkangel12341
darkangel12341
112 posts
Nomad

I love Cell, I think it's his best book. One day a sublinal message goes out through cell phones and we revert back to our primitive instincts. But as we continue to evolve pass that we develop some very unique traits.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,270 posts
Nomad

I don't read his books, since I don't like being scared out of my pants. *gulp*

But I'm currently reading "Hearts In Atlantis". I'm only on page 80 or so (I"m a slow reader), but I'm pretty into it so far. I just hope it picks up soon.

Demetra
Demetra
63 posts
Nomad

I finished Dreamcatcher few days ago
Now im reading I.T amazing book!!!!So scary!page 80+ can't stop sorry ^_^
I bought Cell,The Shining and Skeleton Crew.Which would be next? ^^
You vote!

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I've read and own every single book by Stephen king - not to mention every film that has been made.

My favourite would the body: Stand by me is one of my favourite films, although i did prefer the book, and the title for the book. (They should have called the film the body)

The Shining - obviously an amazing story, made into an equally as creepy film.

1408, i actually saw the film before i read the short story, i wasn't huge on the movie but the story itself is very good.

And of course, carrie. Carrie is simply outstanding.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

A nice book ive recently read,is "Under the dome" i must say it was the best book ive read in my whole life.The plot fantastic and the characters so well made!You will love it im pretty sure!

And here I must disagree. As a long standing Stephen King fan I find that his recent work pales in comparison to his older work. Take Under the Dome. The novel is roughly one thousand pages in length, at yet the plot is virtually non existent. For large chunks of the novel, literally nothing of great importance happens. While this is standard for any writer to do, it becomes a problem when a reader can tell that the stuff you are reading is just pure filler.

Now, let us compare with perhaps one of his greatest novels ever: The Dark Tower. Again roughly one thousand pages in length. However you are constantly engaged in what Roland and the rest of the tet are doing. Not everything has a point, but at least you have some form of conection with them.

Truth be told Under the Dome is a novel that I consider one of the worst ever written by Stephen King.
Demetra
Demetra
63 posts
Nomad

Truth be told Under the Dome is a novel that I consider one of the worst ever written by Stephen King.

You might be right mate.Under the dome was the 1st book of SK ive read and now IT is the 3rd.Thats why i cant compare.But i trust your words.As far as i have read the previous and this one now,im starting to change my mind.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Under the Dome was not bad, however, it had a much slower plot progression than his other novels. IT starts out very fast and has a lot going on. I suppose it depends on what type of book you like.

As for the Dark Tower series...it starts off good, but then it sort of...disconnects after the 3rd one, and the ending of the final book was dissapointing to say the least.

I think the best books that he's written have been The Stand, Dreamcatcher, and Firestarter.

Showing 1-15 of 33