ForumsNews and FeedbackGame Reviews!

10 3686
DimaPaper
DimaPaper
55 posts
Nomad

Hi all! I`ve got an idea. A lot of people(not rly, lol!) are writing comments that comes on merits. But why can`t you make a reviews feature for that? Th author of the review cold get a reward. I think, it is could contain a little epigraph, the main part, the "+" and "-" sections, and a "Overalls" section.

• 10 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've already discussed this. The idea was that the game play page would have two areas, one for full game reviews, the other would just be comments about the game. Users who get a comment 'romoted' to a full game review might get some extra Reputation or something, we haven't decided.

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,496 posts
Nomad

You can never tell what the game is going to be like reading comments now, because every comment is something like "cool 8/10" so it would be nice if the full game review section was added.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

We've already discussed this. The idea was that the game play page would have two areas, one for full game reviews, the other would just be comments about the game. Users who get a comment 'romoted' to a full game review might get some extra Reputation or something, we haven't decided.

Would users be able to write about the game in the review section or do they have to write it as a comment, then possibly get it promoted?
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Ah this old thing again... cormyn did you ever think about the "bugs" section of the comments too? Where players can report bugs and such, I would be very helpfull as a dev, as people never seem to really get that they should post on the devs profile about bugs...

But promotion? I don't remember that... sounds like a lot of work for the mods to me! I thought we where going with the strick have to fill out every thing any with such and such amount of words and then use the like system on it like a form post. But IDK I could have missed something!

RedFishBlueFish
RedFishBlueFish
27 posts
Nomad

I personally like the idea of having two different comment sections on games but I have a feeling that it isn't going to be as successful in practice as it is in theory.

From what I've read it is going to function a lot like the current merit system, and if my experience on past accounts tells me one thing; there will be a lot of over looked game reviews.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Would users be able to write about the game in the review section or do they have to write it as a comment, then possibly get it promoted?

Yeah, it would probably get promoted via the Reputation system. When enough users give reputation to a post, admins/mods might get notified and they can decide if it's worthy of promoting or not.

The problem with the current merit system is there's no easy way to find them within game comments.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Yeah, it would probably get promoted via the Reputation system. When enough users give reputation to a post, admins/mods might get notified and they can decide if it's worthy of promoting or not.

The problem with the current merit system is there's no easy way to find them within game comments.

So instead of mods/admins giving merits for a good game review, users will vote up on good comments? Will there be a reward in points/rep if your comment gets moved to the game review section?
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

But make sure only USERS can rate up comments, and only 1 per comment. That way, it can't be abused much.

Yes, the number thing made me think there - will it only be one rate per user, on game comments and forums?
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

So instead of mods/admins giving merits for a good game review, users will vote up on good comments?

Maybe. I think mods/admins can still promote good content without needing votes.

make sure only USERS can rate up comments, and only 1 per comment

Yeah, that's the general plan for the Reputation system as a whole.
Showing 1-9 of 10