ForumsThe TavernFacebook Copy

7 1677
cbreezy623
cbreezy623
59 posts
Nomad

For school we have to use mybigcampus.com. We just started using it and it is an almost an exact copy of Facebook. Just let me know if there are any laws against this type of thing.

• 7 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I don't see why there would be. Facebook basically copied other social networking sites.

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

if it was an exact copy of facebook, your school would just be using facebook instead of whatever the hell you are using. so no, it isnt an exact copy. that would just be pointless.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

your school would just be using facebook instead of whatever the hell you are using. so no, it isnt an exact copy.

I'm guessing that, seeing as how it is a school and all that, it is like a Facebook without all those games like Farmville and such that would distract students. Could be wrong, though, but it's the explanation I think would make the most sense.
chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

My class uses a website called edmodo which is also a lot like facebook. I don't think there is anything wrong with it so you sould be good.

Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

i think its ok to use the same idea as long as the name is different just look at how many differ ent kinds of shovels there are and there all more or less the same

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

They probably saw some good things in facebook but wanted to make a version of their own that kids would mainly use for school stuff instead of social stuff.

Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

They probably saw some good things in facebook

I agree, good things can come out of facebook if used properly. It is good for communication and collective problem solving.
Showing 1-7 of 7