ForumsThe TavernProblem

15 2222
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Ok I have noticed that there r two people on this site with the same name, crazyape. When u try to acsess his profile it brings up the ghost account instead. Why is this and how do we fix it?

• 15 Replies
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I never even saw that person's name on the site before, what does it look like when u try to access his page?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Here's a screenshot of an attempt to view crazyape's profile:

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee400/Patrick2011b/Images%20for%20Armor%20Games/Wrongcrazyape.jpg

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Some additional info:

It is impossible for two users to have the exact same username, but accessing a user profile is not case sensitive. If the user is perma-banned, a 404 error shows up, but this is not the case with crazyape. Also, username changes are not allowed on AG2, so I don't know what the problem is unless it's a weird glitch.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

i added him but he probably got banned or he closed the account.

If crazyape was perma-banned, a 404 error would show up. Also, users cannot have the username of a banned user. Therefore, this is not a perma-ban.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

That crazyape with the closed comments probably has an underscore in their username. There's a problem on AG where if someone has an underscore in their username and has the same account name you'll experience problems reaching their individual profiles.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

That crazyape with the closed comments probably has an underscore in their username. There's a problem on AG where if someone has an underscore in their username and has the same account name you'll experience problems reaching their individual profiles.

The explanation is logical, but this is a new problem. Therefore, there must be some other glitch that is also contributing to the problem. I am not ruling out the underscore problem. I am simply saying that it's probably not the only cause of the problem.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

this is a new problem.

It isn't a new problem, it existed a year ago. Someone created a firetailmadness account without the underscore and the original firetail_madness couldn't access his account. And a few months ago I remember reading comments on Cormyn's profile about people not being able to access greg_greg's profile. It brought them to greggreg's profile.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

[quote]this is a new problem.

It isn't a new problem, it existed a year ago. Someone created a firetailmadness account without the underscore and the original firetail_madness couldn't access his account. And a few months ago I remember reading comments on Cormyn's profile about people not being able to access greg_greg's profile. It brought them to greggreg's profile.[/quote]

You were describing the kind of problem as not new, but it is new that crazyape's profile cannot be accessed. I've also heard that underscores are not allowed in usernames of new users.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

You were describing the kind of problem as not new, but it is new that crazyape's profile cannot be accessed.

Nope, he reported it several months ago.
I've also heard that underscores are not allowed in usernames of new users.

The other older crazyape doesn't have an underscore.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Nope, he reported it several months ago.

The thread was created today, so either you're referring to a different instance of the underscore problem or the crazyape instance is off and on (currently on).

The other older crazyape doesn't have an underscore.

I don't understand "older other." Are you talking about the ghost crazyape or the non-ghost crazyape (the ghost is the one in my screenshot)?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

The thread was created today, so either you're referring to a different instance of the underscore problem or the crazyape instance is off and on (currently on).

Crazyape created a thread about the problem several months ago.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

[quote]The thread was created today, so either you're referring to a different instance of the underscore problem or the crazyape instance is off and on (currently on).

Crazyape created a thread about the problem several months ago.[/quote]

That answers it then. It's an off and on problem. Now it needs to be fixed.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

K well we have figured out that it's a glitch, now what can we do to fix it? I remember a while back I was having the same problem but some how got past it. Ugh this is frustrating

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

now what can we do to fix it?

Nothing. You can wait for the administrators to fix it.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

The staff is aware, the mods are aware, now, once again you have been made aware.
Yes it is an issue, and it should be fixed in AGv3.
Locked because it has been answered and discussed before, and the Patrick-Matrix discussion kinda ruined this thread for me.

Showing 1-15 of 15