ForumsThe TavernJobs

26 3912
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Just talk about your jobs.

Right now I'm am working at a fitness center by my house. It's close enough I can walk if I feel like it (usually don't), but I'm never late because it is only a mile away. It pays pretty well and isn't to tough. But it's awesome because I get a free gym pass.

• 26 Replies
DaemonVeril
DaemonVeril
217 posts
Peasant

once inna while i might mow the odd lawn, and in the winter i shovel driveways

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

But you dont get payed for brushing your teeth, so I don't think it meets my requirements.

You can have a volunteer job, but you don't get payed for that, so is it still not a job?
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

You can have a volunteer job, but you don't get payed for that, so is it still not a job?

Ok so brushing your teeth is now deemed a volunteer job, or you could aslo that you get payed for brushing your teeth in that you don't get cavities.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Ok so brushing your teeth is now deemed a volunteer job, or you could aslo that you get payed for brushing your teeth in that you don't get cavities.

Volunteering for yourself kind of does fit the definition of "volunteer", but sort of completely defeats the general idea of one. I think you kind of just need to get your definition of "job" straight.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

Volunteering for yourself kind of does fit the definition of "volunteer", but sort of completely defeats the general idea of one. I think you kind of just need to get your definition of "job" straight.

So what would your definition be? Also yes it defeats the general idea, but that's just common thought about the word, not what it actualy means. Same goes with the two words "on sale"
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I'll probably be working at my old middle school in the tech stuff (installing programs, de-bugging the network, setting it up, etc.) and that should be fun and help me gain some know-how for learning how to be a software engineer/ computer programmer.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Cool. Do you think you'll make a website or game or something?

fukwon
fukwon
283 posts
Farmer

last summer i worked at a farm and got payed $2.50 an hour... not worth all the hard labor i did!

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

I work at an on campus bookstore, Im event staff, and in a research fellowship with a fellow student and a professor. Sadly I dont get all that much from any of them except for 25% off at the bookstore.

Rubberlegs623
Rubberlegs623
96 posts
Nomad

I worked the summer in water plant. 72 degrees inside while 110 degrees outside, justed loved it

Showing 16-25 of 26