ForumsThe TavernMind Reading

7 1745
Mistersadman
Mistersadman
26 posts
Nomad

Is mind reading moral? If a mind is supposed to be one's last place of privacy, is it nice?

• 7 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well, it depends. If the victim of your mind reading doesn't know that their mind is being read, then as long as it goes with your morals...

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Well, it depends. If the victim of your mind reading doesn't know that their mind is being read, then as long as it goes with your morals...

If you steal an object and the owner doesn't realize, does it go with your morals?

Mind reading without consent would be violation of privacy, probably to the highest degree possible.
You'd have to decide for yourself if you think it's moral or not, but if it were possible, and if there were laws about it, it would certainly be against the laws.
RedFishBlueFish
RedFishBlueFish
27 posts
Nomad

So it's not wrong if no one knows?
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I think it would be an extream invasion of privacy, you could basicly steal their ideas, or exploit them.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

well it depends on who the person is, like for example a terrorist or murderer, then i think it would be okay. but for fun or to steal ideas then no, it would be mean and an invasion of privacy. especially if you're reading a hormonal teenagers mind.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

well it depends on who the person is, like for example a terrorist or murderer, then i think it would be okay.

I still think that's a extream invasion of privacy, also what if the government dosen't know who IS the murderer? then they'l just think "hey, what if we just monitor EVERYONE?"
would be mean and an invasion of privacy. especially if you're reading a hormonal teenagers mind.

I don't think there's any "especialy" when it comes to mind reading.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I don't believe in the ability to read minds, but I have been known to take a few precautions just in case. If I'm around someone who's staring at me, for example, I'll start verbally abusing them in my mind. If they react, they're a mind reader.

So far, nobody has reacted.

Showing 1-7 of 7