ForumsProgramming ForumTime Fight( name still Devloping along with the game)

53 19083
Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

Basicly this is a Devlopement log about a Flash Game i am making. BTFW i am sorta of a programing Noob.

About the game

Well you start as a cave man in your cave. you've spent most of your Childhood trying to Creat fire. One day you do but a nother cave man takes it and runs off soo... you chase after him and find that you are blocked bt Dinosaurs( ya i Know caveman exisited WAAAAAY after dinosaurs but...) so you Battle them with your club and by throwing rocks... eventually you clibm ths mountain into a volcano to fight the boss( a T-Rex)once you leave the volcano you seee this castle you enter you see the man run of in this armor holding your fire... you armor up and grab a Cross bow and a short swords( which you buy fom the money you find from killing the dinos) and you fight the invading army that is attacking the castle. but your are trying yo chase after the dude with your fire along the way you see out posts were you Buy better weapons like long bow ( extra rand and faster reload) long sword ( better strength but slower attacks0 and what not. and ill tell you all later...

• 53 Replies
Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

let me know if its too much of a read and ill abridge it and tell it over time.

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Seems pretty nice so far. Have you actually started it?

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

im doing the basic at work and story line... and studying up... i should have the blueprints to the scene of when to see the Castle done tonote and the main charater

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

im doing the basic at work and story line... and studying up... i should have the blueprints to the scene of when to see the Castle done tonote and the main charater

Uh, how about the programming?
Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

well... m looking at some ttorials and tips and hins and helps but ive got the project open... Guys... ive JUST started this game like an hour ago... and i need the art work... give me sone time

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

He's still planning, I think.

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail

(Don't know where I got that quote from)
Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

Ninja.....

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

But really... there is ALOT of stuff that kids never think about when making a video game... artwork,progrmming, and Music but the hardes part is the programming... that **** is hard but i learn languages fast so ill study for a long time... ( im using FlashDevlope)

but tell me what do yo think of the story line so far and if you want more?

Should i add more time periods( before the middel ages)

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Nice storyline so far. Yeah, add more time periods. It should at least end at the present, maybe go into the future if you want it to.

How about at the end, he goes:

"YES! I FINALLY FOUND MY FIRE!"

and by that time, everyone is using electric lights.

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

i was going to end with him holding a Laser weapon and power armor saying that ... then walking back to his cave( game 2 if it goes well)

ya im not the best artist so im going to have my friend draw the main...( he is an artist)but ill post the outlines soon...

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

lol we have the same amount of posts...

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

okay i might of underestimated the drawing time... i get it bye tommarow. and its time for me to slumber...

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

okay i am adding these time periods...

1 Cave man
2) egyption
3) Greek/ roman ( half levels
4)Midevil
5) rennosance)
6Modern
7future
8SUPER FUTURE

the main charater is still in devlopment but i will give you guys a choice...

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

do you know what i realized... a game is NOTHING with out the art and art is a b- i -to the -t -c- h. sooo this will take a long time to make... i totally underestimated it but im going to do it... i am determined...

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Not all games have or had art. Art is almost the least important part of game development. It's purpose it just to enhance and already good experience along with the aesthetic. It's recommend to have good art but not necessary. As long as you have polish then it's fine.

Also you time periods are kinda overdone and in my opinion not really well thought out. I would recommend you look into other era's and civilizations.

What type of game is this? If your trying to make a platformer or Rts your probably going to struggle and not get far since you said you don't know much about programming.

Showing 1-15 of 53