ForumsThe Tavern[Necro] What would you do with one googol dollars?

76 32081
Listomania13
Listomania13
10 posts
Nomad

a google is one followed by 100 zeros. My question is, what would you do if you had one google dollars?

• 76 Replies
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

I would burn it all. Just that much currency existing could drastically derail the world economy throwing every capitalist society into an irreparably, morbidly catatonic state. I'm pretty sure that the fire could be seen from orbit by the naked eye.
Did you know that an Avagadro's number of dollars would accumulate one billion dollars in interest every second at an 8% noncompound interest rate?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I would solve the American debt and then the president would go back to spending like crazy so I would go and take over Cuba with a private army I made and then I would free the peopl from Castro and then I would slowly take over the world!

mckenna_c111
mckenna_c111
120 posts
Nomad

i would just buy the world become emper and start funding the space program so i could buy other worlds also

aamer13
aamer13
2,569 posts
Nomad

u know exacly what i would do...ill buy coke then use the rest as unlimted toilet paper good life

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Indulge myself and my loved ones with whatever they want. Then bank it for future generations.

TomAlexDark
TomAlexDark
1 posts
Nomad

People saying about bailing out the Government, etc...

You're all retarded. With a Googol of dollars, you would own the entirety of every world economy. Therefore, you would own effectively own Earth.

Rememeber a googol is 10 with 100 zeroes (10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000)

Likuris
Likuris
65 posts
Nomad

Soon for this amount of money you won't be able to buy even nano-bread.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

You're all retarded.

No flaming. This isn't Kongregate or 4chan or wherever you just came from.

Anyways, make my own nuclear facility, and hire some of the smartest scientists in the world, and have them make me new weapons or new space travel technology, something to destroy missiles before they hit an area.

Hire trained assassins; kill anyone who opposes me. Next, I pick a country to make a treaty with, a country that is pretty powerful. Russia won't refuse, why would they? Next, build up an army, and invade and enslave China. It is now my workforce. UN doesn't like that? Meh. USA threatens war? I'll send a missile to Washington D.C. Next, just rule the world with an iron fist. (Don't point out stupid/impossible things, it's my fantasy :I)
Likuris
Likuris
65 posts
Nomad

Russia won't refuse, why would they?

Don't think that this ammount of money will be enough for russian politics to accept your offer ^_^ you don't know how things're going there
JimmyDimples
JimmyDimples
74 posts
Blacksmith

The hitch with this amount of money is that, just like Third World folks who see a Westerner come to their market, all your buyers are gonna ramp up the price on everything when they find out you've got a googol dollars. A Coke Zero would probably cost a bazillion bucks.

(Yeah, I know there's no such thing as a bazillion. Point remains.)

johnmerz
johnmerz
537 posts
Shepherd

I would destroy all but 1,000,000,000,000,000 (1 quadrillion) dollars of it (since it would cause inflation), and then I would pay the national debt of every country, and then I would buy some island in the tropics, and make a vacation home there. I would then save the rest in a secure Swiss bank. Oh, and of course I would pay the tithe to the money.

mrmajooty
mrmajooty
17 posts
Nomad

I'd donate 3/4 of it and keep the rest for other things, i'd buy a huge house and build a pool :3

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

get alot of stuff
or get googolplexian

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I would buy out the water companies and supply free water to the world. Then insert money into poorer parts of the world while funding clean energy.

alovera1
alovera1
510 posts
Peasant

i would probably get rid of it as fast as i can knowing people would try to kill me for the money.

Showing 31-45 of 76