ForumsThe TavernVampire, Zombie, Skeleton Soldiers, or Lycanthrope?

15 6668
genericshaikh
genericshaikh
5 posts
Nomad

Through careful research I've learned that these are the main antagonists in horror movies,novels, and apparently new films
This topic is mainly about who would win in an epic battle of squads made up of 5 against the other 3 squads
Favoring teams is not only optional but is recommended
A debate is likely to occur, so give accurate details of your argument
Enjoy =}

• 15 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Which types? Dracula-esque or Twilight vamps? Voodoo zombies summoned by witch doctors or infected plague zombies? If infected zombies, which infection (limping slowly and zoned out, or fast, perceptive, and enraged)? Are the SS like Pirates of the Caribbean or Jason and the Argonauts? Are the Lycans traditional moonlight beasts or do they shapeshift by will? Too many variables to give an accurate analysis.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

You don't see too many skeletons in movies, do you? They're quite popular in Role-playing Games, though. Anyways, I'd have to say Lycanthropes are my favourites. I've been a fan of wolves since I was a kid, even had a wolf poster on my wall.

As to who would win? Definitely not zombies if the numbers are even close to even, zombies have always been slow cannon fodder, only succeeding because of their numbers. Skeletons are similar, but faster (and most likely immune to anything zombies can do. They're probably a real treat for werewolves, though).

My image of a vampire is pretty much the good ol' transform into a bat, sleep in a coffin, bite unsuspecting victims kind, and not the super-speedy, stronger-than-Superman-on-steroids kind of vampires seen in, for example, Blade. (AND DEFINITELY NOT SHINY VAMPIRES!)

Against those kind of vampires, I am certain the werewolves would win. However, against the "OP-Vampires", I'm not so sure. As shown in movies like Van Helsing or Underworld, it'd probably be a pretty awesome fight with no certain outcome.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

Against those kind of vampires, I am certain the werewolves would win. However, against the "OP-Vampires", I'm not so sure. As shown in movies like Van Helsing or Underworld, it'd probably be a pretty awesome fight with no certain outcome.

If they were the aggressive, super-energetic vampires, the werewolves most likely wouldn't stand a chance. If you saw the deadliest warrior episode, vampires beat zombies. skeleton warriors, please. they would be easily defeated with a hammer.
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

*cough*http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_l-PliZf_O60/TGNKUdttygI/AAAAAAAAAj0/9bklNPxWxB8/s1600/skeleton+army.jpg*cough*
Id also have to ask how much intelligence do you give the SS? Tactical knowledge could carry the day. Also are these the kinds of skeletons that can put themselves back together?

partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

Vampire: what kind of vampire? dracula, twilight, those they used on deadliest warrior last time?
there are so many different vampires. 5 dracula's will easly win while 5 twilights will be dead 1st.

Zombie: see vampire, there are to many different zombies. and 5 zombies alone will die 1st. their strenght is in numbers.

Skeleton Soldiers:
are those skeletons that stay alive when they fall appart? if so then they will win. of not then the vampires and werewolfs will kill them.

Lycanthrope/werewolfs: there are also lots of different werewolfs. but all of them have a good chance of winning.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Assuming the strongest variations:
All things being equal, the Zombies would win. For each Werewolf they defeat, it shall become a Zombie in turn while retaining its enhanced physical capacities, which would lead them to easily overwhelming the other forces. The Vampire, Skeleton and Werewolf, on the other hand, are unable to build their numbers as in many iterations, Lycanthropy and Vampirism are destructive to each other when combined, rendering their turning useless.

Assuming the weakest variations:
All things being equal, the Werewolves would win by far. Where as the Vampire and Zombie would be utterly useless against the Skeletons, the Werewolves, as canids, have jaws and teeth specially designed to crush bone, while still having the necessary claws and sharp teeth to make short work of the Vampires and Zombies.

Assuming the most popular modern variations:
Vampires and Werewolves would burn in hell, Skeletons would wish they were dead and Zombies would rule the world, then starve to death. Nobody wins.

Assuming the original variations:
Vampires/Werewolves would win hands down. Zombies are mind slaves, Skeletons exist only in hell and Werewolves and Vampires are the same thing. Kill a Werewolf, it turns into a Vampire. Kill a Vampire, it turns into a Werewolf.

Assuming the most famous individuals:
The Skeletons would win....... everything. The most famous Vampire is Vlad Dracul, also known as Count Dracula. He was a king and a a great war leader. The most famous Zombie is Frankenstein's Monster. It was an 8' tall man stitched together from various corpses and animated by lightning. He could easily tear a man in two without even trying. The most famous Werewolf is Gabriel Van Helsing, a career monster hunter, Werewolf and an Archangel. You may be asking yourself, WHO THE **** CAN BEAT THAT!?!?!? The Grimm Reaper, lord of death. With but a thought, he could obliterate all that opposes him. Yeah..... exactly.

Assuming the most realistic variations:
Vampires and Werewolves are psychotic, Zombies are guys that ate the wrong mushrooms and Skeletons are bodies that have decayed to the point of all flesh being rotted away. I would post a result for this, but I can't seriously picture a psych ward fighting a bunch of drugged out hippies in a graveyard while also beating skeletons....... I just can't keep a strait face long enough.......

Fair enough analysis?

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

it would either be vampires or lycanthrope. mostly because they are the strongest and most agile of all four. now if demons were thrown into the mix.... demons would win.

sirmed2
sirmed2
165 posts
Scribe

A werewolf would tear a Vampire apart. For one, Werewolves can only be killed with silver, and vampires don't have any silver. A werewolf and tear the vampire apart to get to one of its many weaknesses, its heart.
Oh, and a lycan is faster, more agile and has more liquid ferocity than a vamp.

As for skeletons- What? A vampire or a werewolf only have specific weakpoints. They wouldn't be able to get to them at all.

Demons? WTF? Do you know anything about Demons? you shouldn't be comparing them... They aren't anything like this matchup.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

This Says otherwise.... and i know a little about demons

partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

demons are the guards of lucifer. they are out of the league.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Depends what sort of comabat like hand to hand combat werewolves would win having claws and being generally stronger and faster but if guns were involved skeletal warriors could win because they are harder to hit with bullets.

I think it would be easier to answer if you had an idea of the conditions eg. weapons terrain etc

bschnauzer7
bschnauzer7
289 posts
Scribe

I want to say lycanthropes, because 1) they are huge, strong, fast, and usually hungry, 2)a single zombie bite would eventually bring one down, but that's assuming that a zombie can break through a lycanthrope's tough skin, 3) Someone already mentioned it, but lycans have jaws designed almost for the express purpose of breaking bones, so... skeletons aren't gonna win.

I don't know if lycanthropes have any particular advantage over vampires, But I still think that they would beat the vampires in a straight fight.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

Underworld

whats with the perfect mix of a vampire and a werewolf?

aliens? demons?

ok, why not calling chtullu? or the marsians from mars attacks?

if you count the grim reaper (he is technically a skeleton, am i right?) then skeletons would win.

if you meant infecting zombies then the zombies would win because they need not only to bite their victims. ever seen or played resident evil?

if vampires can fly (underworld) or have super powers (twilight) they would win because they used silver shooting guns. for twilight, its not sure if they would win.

werewolfs: the same as vampires. if it would be like in underworld, they can use weapons. in twillight they were strong.

i say skelletons because they have the grim reaper. nobody can kill him but he can kill all.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

As several replies have already explicitly or implicitly noted, it is generally a bad idea to ask a question without being really specific about the details of what you are asking.
Especially in a case like this where most people have their own ideas and standards for the creatures you are putting up against each other.

I personally like the explanations and realities of the new World of Darkness, especially because their portrayal of both vampires and werewolves are build to make some kind of general sense in reality. While the setting of the game is set in a darker version of our reality, some kind of dystopia, it is still set as part of our reality, which means a lot of the effects and behaviour of these creatures have to be explained properly and in ways that makes sense to real life.
Vampires here are like regular people (at least if they have newly turned), they just need blood to live, and they don't really like the sun at all (mainly due to the flammable potency of their bodies). Their society is largely political to prevent overfeeding, over flooding and general anarchy among each other. Killing your victim is a bad idea, and if you gain too much attention, other vampires are most likely going to hunt you down and - eliminate you entirely.
Werewolves are not bitten by other werewolves to change. It is part of their bloodline, and they generally live outside the herd/human society due to their violent tempers and so. They do however need humans to breed, and will have to interact as normal human beings in most cases.

As for zombies, I generally dislike the undead kind, as it makes little sense to me as a whole. Rather, infected people with high aggression seems more appropriate, and would maintain a larger challenge rate. They would however be considered mortals, and would be somewhat easy to kill when/if you outsmart these crazed beings.

Living skeletons makes no sense outside some kind of magic, and I can't see the logic in putting any of the above against something with no muscles.

Either way, with above reasoning, werewolves would tear everything apart in horrible tempers, vampires would hide and probably try to overcome the force of the werewolves by some backstabbing or sniper rifles or whatnot, zombies would be easy cannon fodder, and I don't know what the skeletons are doing. Nothing, probably.

jayjay9
jayjay9
485 posts
Peasant

I've learned much about those creatures in the MMORPG AQWorlds, not playing it so much anymore, i actually miss it.

Showing 1-15 of 15