76 posts
Nomad

Does anyone on Armor Games use Ubuntu?[b]

• 13 Replies
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I don't, but i have a question, is it good? I've been thinking about Linux for a while now, so is it easy to use and better then any other OS?

eddyalex
eddyalex
307 posts
Nomad

No i've never evem heard of it, i'm buying a mac soon.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Nope, I've heard about it, but I see no point in getting it.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I have Ubuntu on a disk somewhere. I've used Suse before.

partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

i think Ubuntu is just like linux. only for nerds that are all into computer stuff.

ATC3
ATC3
76 posts
Nomad

Well the truth is it is a really cool OS.
Click here for the website. They have thousands of apps. Anywhere from games to office and in between. Not to mention it is virus-free.

partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

Not to mention it is virus-free.

until it gets populair
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,231 posts
Jester

i have no idea. is ubuntu a font?
(sorry for my dreadful ignorance :P )

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I have never heard of it but I'm good wit my Mac book pro

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

I used it for a while. Ditched it when I couldn't run my games whatsoever for whatever reason.

until it gets populair

UNIX based systems are nearly impossible to get a virus on. Compared to Windows, Linux is a maximum security prison for files. Nothing gets in or out without permission, nothing gets transferred, executed, or deleted without your knowledge. That statement could apply to Mac, but not Linux.
ATC3
ATC3
76 posts
Nomad

[quote]UNIX based systems are nearly impossible to get a virus on. Compared to Windows, Linux is a maximum security prison for files. Nothing gets in or out without permission, nothing gets transferred, executed, or deleted without your knowledge. That statement could apply to Mac, but not Linux.

I agree, it is really hard for viruses to infect UNIX. They keep more eyeballs on the code. Some have been developed, but they don't do anything.

partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

Linux is a maximum security prison for files. Nothing gets in or out without permission, nothing gets transferred, executed, or deleted without your knowledge.

thats 1 reason why i think you need to be a computer nerd. if want and like to keep up whit all those processes. sounds horrific to me.
i rather reinstal my os once per year or so then to keep up whit that.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I recently switched from IE to Firefox and it was a miracle! My pc stopped stalling on me! (Vista, what else...)

So, switching again seems unnecessary to me...

Just out of curiosity... is it really good? I mean, better than FF or one of the other big names? =)

Showing 1-13 of 13