ForumsThe Tavern[req] Lord bling? (Language warning)

11 2854
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Read the last post. Dan is Dan mc'neely. Read the entire thing if you want.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/652583/10

I hope I don't get banned for this :\\

• 11 Replies
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Maybe I should have gave an intro:

Apparently Armorgames was founded on stealing games from Newgrounds. A lot of games were stolen and put on Dan's website, and said that all the content was by him.

the website had stolen hundreds of flash games, the Newgrounds layout, the mascot, and even the submission system. Every stolen game was submitted âLordBlingâ, the creator of the site. A simple whois showed that the site was registered by one âArmor Gamesâ. Shortly after that the site was taken down and never spoken of or even acknowledged by Armor Games.

Seeing as Armor Games might be trying to keep this a secret, I probably will be banned, and you'll be lucky if your reading this, as it will be probably be locked.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

This being NG, I somehow doubt there is much to it.
No, scratch that. This being the INTERNET is somehow doubt there is much to it.
More so, I wonder why you are bringing this up, seeing that thread is four years old.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Yeah.... I mean it could just be some stupid fan boy who has no life and just started blaming ag for nothing. The layout is completely Differnt,the logo is as well, Exit path was not stollen at all. Yeah that's good

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Basically, Newgrounds was accusing Dan of content from Newgrounds artists, Also apparently Dan pretty much advertises contests on Armorgames to build up web traffic, and used NG for it's success.

You can also see some posts from Dan ( Lord Bling ) himself in here making half-hearted excuses.

I am bringing this up because I never knew AG had such a dark past, and if it has been trying to cover this up the whole time. Was AG a website founded on thievery? Was Dan really such a scum to do such a thing?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

This again being a FOUR YEAR OLD THREAD means it has little to do with the newer games. GamesofGondor was closed down because of copyright issues (You know, Tolkien and his books), and I think this same thread topic was up sometime two years ago where it was also shot down for being a bit stupid and having nothing interesting to bring besides being a bad attempt to start a fire between NG and AG.

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Language warning? :/

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I take it you actually read the thread? Considering you can be banned for linking to offensive material or language on this site, I just found it best to write in a warning so one less compassionate mod didn't jump in a gave you a ban for breaking the rules.
(like writing a post less than seven words long...)

Derp, so, AG has a "dark past" (presumably), and NG has a rather more.. mature langauge. I think we are even.

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

In that case, thanks for the language warning. When I said dark past I was not relating to mature flashes containing swearing and adult scenes, I was relating to stealing flashes. Dan used to steal flash games without permission of it's creators to increase web traffic.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Yeah, perhaps you should add something to your posts. If people want to know more, let them read the profanity filled thread.

Isn't there some saying about imitation being the most sincere form of flattery?
And it has been changed now, and AG and NG share a lot of great content and even greater developers. It is just what happens on the internet. You need a place to start.
If this is even true.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

When I said dark past, I meant the same. AG apparently... Sorry, GamesofGondor apparently had a dark past and a crappy starting point, NG has great traffic but users that can't take a critique without flipping the bird at everyone, and that way we are all different.

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Great, thanks for clearing some things up I was wondering about. You can lock the topic now

Showing 1-11 of 11