ForumsThe TavernHeadache Cure

23 3124
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Recently been cursed with a bout of migraines, is there any quick fix?

• 23 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Maybe try standing on your head? More blood to the brain and stuff.

Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

so when i get headaches it push on those 2 pressure points between my eyes-brows you push on them really hard and your head feels all better or you can eat a bunch of apples and pears works for some reason

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Maybe try standing on your head? More blood to the brain and stuff.

>< I think I'll just collapse since dizziness is my bane.
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Sometimes when I get headaches, it hurts to look at things that are close-up or dark. Usually, like other people said, I sleep and it's fine. Also, you could try drinking water and laying down and resting your eyes (basically sleeping).

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

More blood to the brain and stuff.

I doubt this would work at all with a migraine, unless you want to make it worse, and then puke from the pain instead of just wanting to stab your eye with a knife from the pain.

Also for the people saying to use regular painkillers? Might work well with regular headaches. I don't know, they are rarely strong enough to help my regular headaches, and migraines would be laughing in the face of the pills, because they just don't care (just like honey badgers).
TRUdog
TRUdog
1,031 posts
Nomad

Definitely just have a good night sleep. 4 out of 5 times, it works. Also, I like to use Alieve Liquid Gels, usually that helps after a while.

Yep yep, problem is, I refuse to, it's time to party after exams!

That's just plain foolish. It would be wise to get a good nights rest.
Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

okay. well if you are a teeth grinder when you sleep, then that could be the problem. when you grind your teeth, you are putting lots of pressure on you jaw which puts strain on your temporal lobes or the part of the lower forehead next to the side of your eyes.

if you use a mouth guard or night guard, it keeps your teeth from closing, preventing grinding. This works great for me because i haven't had headaches for about 3 months while wearing this at night. they might be expensive but it is worth it because it lasts long, and you don't have to keep refilling it like medicine.

hope this helps!

artiefacts
artiefacts
10 posts
Peasant

I find the best cure is to complain about it until everyone else has a headache. Doesn't seem to get rid of it, but it makes me feel better. I also find looking at cute puppies helps.

Showing 16-23 of 23