ForumsThe TavernWhats the meaning to life? And why do age and then die?

19 2841
schuetteg6
schuetteg6
270 posts
Nomad

Hey I want to know the meaning of life, and if its meaningful, why do we die?

• 19 Replies
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I'm not sure on this. I mean, sometimes the world seems so pointless and barren you think of suicide, but you keep going. I guess we die, though, because we can't have our heat and our energy forever, we have to give it away.

Tough question.

schuetteg6
schuetteg6
270 posts
Nomad

I know right, I believe the meaning to life is to learn what you can, live a good life and have fun doing it, I wanted to see other peoples points of views. But why do we have to die? Its like building the Titanic and letting it sink when it hit the ice berg, its all so sudden and short!

JellyBear
JellyBear
229 posts
Nomad

No one can tell you what the meaning is to life. It is something that you must discover on your own. In my eyes, the meaning to life is learning and understanding all of which I can within my life's limit.

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

Our purpose to be alive?

Reproduce, survive, make another generation

why do we age and die?

well it is the natural way the cells in our body work, they are irreplaceable, and once they stop working as well and die off, so do we

savdebunnies
savdebunnies
111 posts
Nomad

I think the meaning of life is to live, write jokes, and do things like make gaming webcites where people can have random conversations.
"[Life's] made up of banana milkshakes, loft insulation and random shoes."

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i thought about it and i think its clear to me. the meaning is happiness. we all chase different things but in the end we chase those things in order to get happiness. we dont chase something that doesnt make us feel happy. everyone has a different thing that makes them happy but its still happiness.

why are we afraid to die? im sure its not about the pain. after all if i could promise you that its painless youd still be afraid to die (or at least just wouldnt look at it as something that you dont mind happening). we are afraid to not exist anymore and to never see the things that make us happy. we are afraid to say goodbye to family, property or anything else we wont have. even those who never were happy are sad because they still have the hope of being happy in the future. but death takes all that away. this is why its so sad.

the other questions are more scientific so i wont answer them

schuetteg6
schuetteg6
270 posts
Nomad

savdebunnies
[quote]I think the meaning of life is to live, write jokes, and do things like make gaming webcites where people can have random conversations.
"[Life's] made up of banana milkshakes, loft insulation and random shoes."

schuetteg6
schuetteg6
270 posts
Nomad

I totally agree with you, thats so true!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Why is life meaningful? Two things: 1. we give it a meaning (everyone gives it a personal meaning) and 2. we die, which makes it even more valuable since it's not granted eternally.
What is the meaning of life? 42. Apart from that, you have to decide yourself what meaning you give to your life.
Why do we age and die? Because our bodies aren't built to last forever.. our cells die eventually, so will we.

partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

What is the meaning of life? 42.

hahaha, i never expected to see a quote from the hitchhiker's guide through the galaxy on i-net ever xD good 1.
jayjay9
jayjay9
485 posts
Peasant

We die, cause it's time to die. When we're old we doesn't have enough power to live anymore, i think that's the reason!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

There comes a point in life where w'll grow weary and look to death for salvation I guess.....At least that's for me.

JellyBear
JellyBear
229 posts
Nomad

There comes a point in life where w'll grow weary and look to death for salvation I guess.....At least that's for me.

I suppose I can't really say much without being in such a state, but I think I would welcome death once fatigue weighs me down and weak bones aid my body. Youth will only be a memory and old age will never escape at that point. It doesn't seem like such a satisfying life when I can't even walk straight or move around without a cane or some sort of fortification.
d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

Why do we die? Because we can't just all be eternal. Think of over-population. If we were all eternal, think of all the great things that could have been made....

Tesla never died, Einstein was still inventing....

Laws would probably be put for birthing to be illegal or extremely high taxes for those with a child. That would be the only way to keep over-population for happening if we were all eternal.

schuetteg6
schuetteg6
270 posts
Nomad

Wait d_dude,
[quote]Why do we die? Because we can't just all be eternal. Think of over-population. If we were all eternal, think of all the great things that could have been made....

Tesla never died, Einstein was still inventing....

that parts true but if we were all alive we could make new "Earths'" on other planets so instead of overpopulation it would be alot of humans in many different places, but Im not going into the fine print here but thats what it could be.

Showing 1-15 of 19