ForumsGamesRaze 2 best weapon per category overall?

146 80914
Bopokippo
Bopokippo
5 posts
Nomad

Yeah just wondering cus I'm noticing that the most expensive weapon for each category usually tends to be situational. What in your guys opinons is the all round best weapon for each category?

p.s., do ion cannon headshots 1 hit kill unshielded?

• 146 Replies
kashoople
kashoople
71 posts
Blacksmith

It depends on your play style. For me i use the two shot pistol, normal shotgun etc. I play a close combat style and my skill is katana.... so yeah pick youw own

shadowsend
shadowsend
1 posts
Nomad

For me this works:
Starter-Ripper
great damage for a starter and speed is quite good. Can be an annoyance if not aimed properly.
Side Arm-Photon Blaster
Great damage and its multi-shot can easily wreck your nooby enemies. Doesn't have any visible or obvious downfalls.
Close-Range-Terminator
May not need it but i found it worked quite well for its multi-shot,accuracy and damage. But other weapons could work better up close as well.
Automatic-Hail Storm
Its bounce will let you kill enemies you may not even see and has decent damage allowing you to get kill bonuses with its unique attribute. Is annoying when you reload, making you vulnerable.
Long Range-Holy Grail
The Holy Grail can kill enemies miles away and will one-shot anyone unshielded. Reload is a pest though.
Heavy-Destroyer
Damage is amazing sisnce it takes out about 20%-25% out of their health unshielded. It is possible to suicide with this though.
Explosive-Rocket Launcher
On personal experience, the Rocket Launcher in the game is like my dog in real life. It will help me when i need it. Quick kills can be performed and can one-shot most enemies and has great accuracy to top it off. Clip size is a downfall.

kueyounggarrick
kueyounggarrick
1 posts
Peasant

I would think that the best starter wep is the ripper for speed and the multishot. The best side arm I think is the magnum because of power, although it lacks speed. close range zapper 1-2 seconds per kill on un-shielded peaps. Auto is precision laser or hailstorm. long range, HOLY GRAIL one shot kill. Heavy I like the laser minigun up close, but overall I would choose the destroyer. explosive don't get acid hound, you'll use to many credits, don't get grenade launcher because somebody else could kill that person before your grenades go off. No Ion cannon because lacks power. You should get the ice hunter or the standard rocket launch because of homing for ice hunter and power for SRL

Moonit
Moonit
1 posts
Nomad

Ripper
Magnum or Photon Blaster (I tend to go for Magnum because one headshot can destroy 50% shield)
Terminator, Zapper or the Stock Shotgun (I prefer Terminator because of range, which Zapper lacks, and accuracy)
Hailstorm or Assault Bouncer
Pulsator or Holy Grail (Pulsator Splash can destroy shielded enemies, Holy Grail's bullets are precious)
Destroyer or Flamethrower (I go with Destroyer)
Stock Rocket Launcher or Acid Hound (Ion Cannon sucks, and Ice Hunter homing often is inefficient)

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

Completed game eight times, so I can consider myself an expert in this :P

Pistols: It's all your choice.

Sidearm: Uzi or Magnum. Good old fashion opponents; damage and precision versus speed and ammo capacity.

Automatics: Human Assault Rifle. Hail Storm and Bubble Blaster

Close Range: Shotgun or Terminator.

Long Range: Sniper Rifle and Rail Gun.

Heavy: Minigun, Laser Beam and Flamethrower. I didn't test it yet, but Destroyer is also very good.

Explosives: Use Bazooka and Bazooka only. Other explosives are pretty much just a waste of money. If you realy want to test some other weapons, buy Ion Cannon or Grenade Luncher.

OlivierDupuy
OlivierDupuy
2 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the tips

MuayThaiMaster
MuayThaiMaster
3 posts
Nomad

BalkanRenegades said:

Long Range: Sniper Rifle and Rail Gun.

Finally someone who doesnt bandwagon with the holy grail, but holy grail is good for alien campaign

MuayThaiMaster
MuayThaiMaster
3 posts
Nomad

M9 Barret:best range, looks pretty cool

Burst Torch:i dont really use sidearms so i just took the one with fire

Shotgun:Looks really cool, great for close range, power, my favorite gun unless you count katana

Precision Laser: looks cool, critical shots, long range and accuracy, one of my favorites

Pulsator/Holy Grail: Pulsator has more kills per clip+ 1 extra shot and splash damage, but i do use holy grail for alien campaign cause of j rockit's adrenaline boost

Flamethrower:cause its a flamethrower and all other heavies suck

Rocket Launcher/Acid Hound/Credit Cannon:Rocket Launcher if I feel like killing anything in my sight, acid hound or credit cannon for fun

Nabthorpe
Nabthorpe
1 posts
Nomad

In my opinion for Raze 2 weapons, I would go with the 1. The Ripper 2. The Uzi 3. The regular shotgun 4. Assault Bouncer 5. Pulsator 6. Destroyer 7. Acid hound

1. ripper is super fast firing, pick up the infinite ammo pick up and its faster then the laser mini gun
2. Its good fire rate, and to me has good medium range and can be critical to heads
3. Most powerful and up close one, sure the zapper is more up close but the shotgun has more range and power for any runners
4. Its a slow firing tank of a weapon, and is a fire elemental too which is pretty useful
5. Its slow but deadly, one headshot at full health and your dead
6. the destroyer is pretty good, for me I can get two head shots on someone and there done
7. The acid hound is a decent fast firing weapon with excellent range and splash damage to take down multiple targets

mojowuq9
mojowuq9
1 posts
Nomad

I would say:
1: golden mauser
2: uzi
3: bublle rifle
4: 50. cal sniper
5: Good ol' ROCKET LAUNCHER

CrazySeaMango
CrazySeaMango
1 posts
Nomad

It really depends on play style and skill. For instance if you're really good at headshots, the magnum and precision laser are probably two great weapons for you.

I personally enjoy this arsenal:

Starter: Ripper Deals more damage to start with and if you spawn next to enemies it helps. Paired with a Katana you can kill pretty quickly early on.

Sidearm: Magnum. Double damage+Headshot is basically a OHKO without a shield. There are exceptions like combat armour and adrenaline rush, which only appears if you're playing on hard or insane mode.

Close Range: Shotgun. This one's kind of a personal favourite. There is some cons to using it. It's accuracy won't guarantee you the OHKO, and it involves a lot of risk, especially against Katana users who generally pull out the sword whenever you're close to them, which can lead to a very untimely deflection. However, the payoff is quite nice. I use the katana too, which gives me more opportunities to secure a kill at close range. Spiral chamber is also highly recommended to use with this weapon. The terminator and Particle cannon are both equal in my book, as the terminator gives you a nice accurate long range trajectory at about half the power of the shotgun, and the particle cannon really utilises the advantage of high terrain, while doing poorly against high terrain.

Automatic: Assault Bouncer. This weapon allows you to lay out fire traps on the field, which works brilliantly if you know the AI well enough. The fact that it doesn't have a linear trajectory also really helps when dealing with Ion cannons or holy grails. It also takes down an opponent's health at an ungodly rate.

Long range: Holy grail. OHKO unshielded enemies even with adrenaline rush because of its burning properties. Higher accuracy than the rocket launcher, and it fires further as well. I've been able to kill enemies off screen with this thing. Simply put, if it didn't have such a low fire rate it would be flat out broken. In the hands of someone who can use it well, it pretty much is.

Heavy: Destroyer. This is probably my least favourite weapon classification aside from starter, simply because all the weapons seem highly situational. Ultimately I prefer the destroyer simply because it can secure kills when my heavier hitting weapons don't finish the job. Each hit takes 25 hp, so it's good to use against shield battery or people with adrenaline rush.

Explosive: I'd have to say the credit cannon. I prefer using the rocket launcher because you have greater chances of missing the target, which makes it a bit more exciting at times. Also the impact of blowing yourself up with it is a severe consequence so it at least requires some skill. You also can't be too close to a wall with the credit cannon, but the consequence is much less pronounced. Simply put, with the credit cannon you have a high rate of fire, and shots that do more damage than say, the destroyer. You could say it's like the destroyer but on crack. Shielded or not, the power of credits has trumped every opponent from my experience.

Showing 136-146 of 146