ForumsThe TavernAmerican Football or Rugby?

26 3352
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

and why?

• 26 Replies
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Rugby is just much better then American football, just because.

partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

only lately (since start of this world cup) rugby has come often on the tv in my country. and i have to say that it's a real nice game. way better then american football. even if it was only for having no armor ^^

strangeperson
strangeperson
68 posts
Nomad

Rugby, because I still don't know what American football is that well.

thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

Good thing you have the padding right?
I also love Rugby because they DON'T have that much if any padding.
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

ood thing you have the padding right?

Yeah, but helmet to helmet hits sometimes lead to bad injuries, padding reduces the chances of injury. But players still get injured every week. Even in practice.
just can't endure a sixty minute game that drags onto three hours.

Penalties, timeouts, halftime, commercials and stuff does drag the game back to 3 hours.
I never understood what the hell I was doing when I used to play Madden NFL though.

IfYouInsist
IfYouInsist
259 posts
Nomad

Never watched Rugby but i'm American so i'm definitely doing to go with football. Always fun to watch and is very exciting.

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

I've only seen one thing rugby and that was "Forever Strong" and I thought rugby looked too intense so American Football. It is way fun to watch. I am a bit partial being American.

Warriorfrombeyond
Warriorfrombeyond
231 posts
Nomad

FootBall. so im a bit biased........football is a spinoff of rugby, but rugby is senseless praticlly. at least to me

johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

I pick American Football, since I like it more. I also think that it is more popular.

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

i would say rugby its way more intertaining and american football just sucks

Likuris
Likuris
65 posts
Nomad

Rugby is more spectacular. Only at first glance it might seem that the tactic is dumb and is based on the principle of "who is stronger is right, and head is not necessary," but it is only at first glance. In fact, the tactics and strategy are at times more comlicated than in football, and the ability to apply intelligence in the game more in demand. Can say that football is too straightforward, simple, uniform, does not allow such freedom of action as rugby and the viewer gets more free time to devour popcorn.

Showing 16-26 of 26