ForumsNews and FeedbackArmor Games v3 is ripping off Kongregate

8 2871
rockgod14
rockgod14
2 posts
Nomad

I feel as if the new version is simply copying the Kongregate format, with the new games in a slideshow format at the top, whats hot underneath, and then the top games of each category at the bottom. While i like the design and think that it looks much cleaner and smoother than Kongregate.com, i feel as if armor games could have been more original... what do you guys think?

• 8 Replies
rockgod14
rockgod14
2 posts
Nomad

sorry guys, i didn't see the forum from earlier about this...

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I don't know where that forum is so I will post here. I totally agree with you, the format is all most exactly like kongregates front page. They could of easily (in my opinion) been more original and done something completely different to other game websites.

ShamrockG
ShamrockG
19 posts
Nomad

For me it dosent matter so much, I come here to play the games and not critique the layout. However, This is the best gaming site I've ever found, so it wouldnt hurt if it looked the best too.

In before the lock.

Warriorfrombeyond
Warriorfrombeyond
231 posts
Nomad

i sort of like it, but its totally different than the previous two AG games

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Yeah, it's a shame, especially because the new desing is worse than our current one. I like the slideshow, but the rest uses way too much space to show way too few games. I think the bar we currently have with 12 games for each category is a brilliant way to save space, and we should keep it. Then I think 12 new games are the minimum, and having just 3 is pathetic, since after a while you play on a site you check out most of the popular games and you need new ones to play.
So I think a good design for the site, using only the elements they already invented, could be this:
-horizontal ad-
-Title & linkbar-
-big slideshow - promoted game ad & "welcome to beta" thing-
-current New Games section, but with two horizontal rows instead of vertical- maybe a square ad-
-current category switcher bar-
-news, rankings - square ad-
-horizontal ad-
-about AG section-

I tried to use about the same about of ads of the current site.

den908
den908
1 posts
Nomad

i like the new AG design but the new site is kinda laggs alot

TharosTheDragon
TharosTheDragon
202 posts
Farmer

I agree with gaboloth. The current AG is way better than the new one.

ianhq
ianhq
150 posts
Nomad

Yeah guys i agree it is sort of kongregate but it is still pretty cool

Showing 1-8 of 8