ForumsThe TavernWatches in General.

14 2603
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Hello everyone. Due to spam, I have made a new thread on watches, but this one is just on them in general. Any type, any style, you name it. Try not to spam though, and don't just rant against my love of watches and assorted timepieces.

• 14 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/8507620/funny-odd-watches

You just made a duplicate thread of your own thread. :/

And your first thread wasn't full of spam. Do we not reserve the right to ask why certain time peices are, to quote your title, 'stylish, funny, standard, odd, elegant, etc'?

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

A) your first link does not work
B) Go ahead and ask, of course, you must realize, the prvious thread was on one topic, and the change was not acknowledged, so I made this thread.

As for the question,
I'm sure you are aware, not all watches look the same. Some are elegant, some are sci-fi, some are old world, some are hi-tech, some are digital, some are purpose built, some are for casual use, some are for telling the time, pure and simple

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

What I don't understand is a watch with a camera. Why would you want a camera on your watch?

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Now THAT is a good question, one which I have no answer for (yet)

Must be for spies, although, it couldn't a very good camera, and one wouldn't be able to view one's photos with a puny screen. Very odd what some people add to objects...

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Locked other thread, changed title on this to reflect it is actually in general...

I don't wear watches, I have never really been able to, and the one I have currently lacks battery.
Just the usual wrist watch either way.

I do have my eyes on a pocket watch for my fancy gentleman urges, but that is probably going to stay in the shop for the next long while.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

The watch that I where is nice in my opinion but simple. It can have two time zones set at once which is nice. It also has a timer that counts up and one that counts down. The weird thing is 3 alarms. I don't use them but I bet some people do.

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

I want a pocket watch or a rolex

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I don't understand why you really want one. I mean, there's clocks all over the place, and if you have a cellphone (Which most people do) they all give you the time on it. A watch to me just seems like an unnecessary purchase and can be very expensive if you get a decent or really nice one.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

The only reason I use mine is because it's sync'd with the school's clocks so I can count down to when the bell will ring in class.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Was I spamming? Sorry...

Anyways. I don't like my watch all that much. It seems kindof useless for me. And it bothers my wrist. But I like the roman numerals on my watch though.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

A watch to me just seems like an unnecessary purchase and can be very expensive if you get a decent or really nice one.

It's mostly used as jewelry these days. A nice Rolex makes a business man or a politician look better.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

A nice Rolex makes a business man or a politician look better.

Seems to me like it just shows they pointlessly spend money...
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

Seems to me like it just shows they pointlessly spend money...

It is but the people who buy them have the money to waste.
I know someone who has one and it is awesome no joke. Best watch ever.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I'm really old fashioned. Most people use their PHONES? That's cheating. Well, fine. It's not cheating, but it doesn't show any class. I dislike jewelry watches. They have a small face, bad numerals, hopeless water resistance, and they're overtly expensive.

I like the Halios 1000M the most, also known as the Puck, for it's large, round and purpose-built instrument shape (I think you can play hockey with it too, as it can survive barfights)

Showing 1-14 of 14