ForumsProgramming ForumProgramming

4 4383
ATC3
ATC3
76 posts
Nomad

What programming language do you know. Do you want to learn programming? This is your topics!

• 4 Replies
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

Right now I am learning C++, I don't know any other programming launguage. I quite like how strict C++ is because the strictness leads to alot of possibilities in programming and more freedom in a sence.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I know Python, Java, Javascript, PHP, MySQL, Actionscript3, HTML5 and Assembly though I rarely use them since my classes are mostly theory stuff or confine us to a single language. C++ right now.

I quite like how strict C++ is because the strictness leads to alot of possibilities in programming and more freedom in a sence.

Well I prefer to think of it as leaving you more free to do what you want. Most of the time it turns out that what I did was stupid though.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

Well I prefer to think of it as leaving you more free to do what you want. Most of the time it turns out that what I did was stupid though.

Haha, that happens to me and other times I write like 20 lines of code for a function and later find out I could have just put in 3 to do the same effect.
@darkroot
What is the differenct between java and javascript?
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

What is the difference between java and javascript?

Well Java is a complex standalone object oriented language that must be translated to javabyte code to work while javascript is just some text that is interpreted by the browser. Javascript is mostly just for making dynamic webpages while Java can be made into isolated applications.
Showing 1-4 of 4