ForumsThe TavernIOS 5 thoughts

8 1736
inferedmonkey
inferedmonkey
942 posts
Peasant

IOS 5, if you don't know, is the new update to the apple operating system, and I was wondering about your thoughts on the update in general. Do you think Siri it that big of a deal? Do you even like the new features? if so why? or why not? what's your favorite new thing? any thoughts about IOS 5 in general.

• 8 Replies
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

I like the Message app and how you can send messages to anyone with iOS 5. I think the Newsstand is dumb because even though all the apps (other than the Ensign and Magic Numbers)for it are free you have to buy the subscription. Also I like the double tap home button from lock screen to get camera thing. Other than that I don't care about it.

inferedmonkey
inferedmonkey
942 posts
Peasant

I have an Iphone so the message thing wont really effect me but I agree with over the news stand thing and I've never heard of the camera thing your talking about but it sounds cool! Anymore thoughts?

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

No not right now I have to explore it more. I have Ipod Touch 8GB so the battery isn't that long.

I've never heard of the camera thing your talking about but it sounds cool!

Yea If your in the lock screen and you double tap the home button it will bring up a little camera button right next to the "Slide to Unlock". Then just tap it and it will take you to the camera.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Yea If your in the lock screen and you double tap the home button it will bring up a little camera button right next to the "Slide to Unlock". Then just tap it and it will take you to the camera.

But if I do this now (IPad 2 32 gig WiFi) I get my iPod (music player) app so I can play music without unlocking it.
Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

For me, I was excited, but the update bammed my Iphone. Midway in the update ITunes threw an error and I'm stuck in recovery mode.
Bah!

inferedmonkey
inferedmonkey
942 posts
Peasant

But if I do this now (IPad 2 32 gig WiFi) I get my iPod (music player) app so I can play music without unlocking it.

Wow! I just keep learning new stuff about this update. Why do you think that they decided to do something different with the IPad then the Itouch?

For me, I was excited, but the update bammed my Iphone. Midway in the update ITunes threw an error and I'm stuck in recovery mode.
Bah!

Have you tired contacting apple for support maybe they can fix it. They always seem good at fixing problems with any of my apple related products.
Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

iTouch 3rd gen (no camera) 32gb

Notifications seem nicer, though I've still experienced the 'you have 20%' battery remaining' annoying popup.

Safari - seems jittery and more unresponsive albeit faster loading.
Videos - most annoying thing; it's impossible for me to leisurely scroll through the timeline. You need pinpoint accuracy.

I haven't really figured out iCloud for wireless music.

Oh boy a messenging system like textfree, owait, it's only for other iOS5 devices...

Reminders- it's a different format for the already-in-place calendar app.

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

Oh boy a messenging system like textfree, owait, it's only for other iOS5 devices

Yea pretty much only It's faster.
Notifications seem nicer, though I've still experienced the 'you have 20%' battery remaining' annoying popup.

Yea same for me.

Did you update Itunes?
Showing 1-8 of 8