ForumsThe TavernQuidditch

11 3891
Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

ok guy so i just got done playing a game of quidditch (like from Harry Potter) no not a videogame a real game. So it was awesome i was a beatter (i hit like 20 people) so it was awesome needless to say. So, has anyone else ever play quidditch or know anyone who does

• 11 Replies
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

how did you play it? on a broom? did someone throw the balls? what was with the golden flying ball (shame on me, im a hp fan and i dont know the english nam), was it on a string or was it a little robot that flew like a chopper? im confused.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

If you used brooms I assumed they didn't fly. I think that's the whole point of Quidditch, to use flying brooms. It's probably still fun on the ground though. My friends and I attempted to recreate a Quidditch game. It failed miserably ._.

what was with the golden flying ball

It's called a snitch.
lostmanfound
lostmanfound
124 posts
Nomad

O.o You play quidditch thats coll what postion do you play??

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

They have real quidditch leagues you know! Pretty cool!

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

wow! i watched the trailer and i want to see a game live! its awesome! but what is with the two black balls (they followed the players to crash into them)? i didnt see them in the trailer.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I heard from my math teacher that some colleges actually have Quidditch teams... well, thaboss pretty much sums it up in his link.

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

I've played Quidditch back in my college days. I was actually pretty good. I was the starting seeker, and broke 3 bones this one game. I played the next day and we won and went on to the playoffs. Good times...

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

my cousin is going to a college where they have a team for quidditch. you have to hold a broom in between your legs and run and basically the same thing as quidditch except no flying. what sucks is if your a guy without a cup or jockstrap, and you trip.... ouch!

would be fun to watch though.

Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

I saw this at my brother's college at 'Harry Potter Night'. It was actually fun to watch if they didn't rig for Gryffindor to win.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
991 posts
Nomad

I've played Quidditch back in my college days. I was actually pretty good. I was the starting seeker, and broke 3 bones this one game. I played the next day and we won and went on to the playoffs. Good times...

Is this a joke? If not... *facepalm*

Anyway, this year for Homecoming week at my high school, the seniors dressed up as the Harry potter houses and had a Quidditch match on the football field. It was pretty hilarious, but wasn't that amazing.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I have seen people at school play it! Everyone had to run on mops. The snitch was the fastest guy on the track team and u had to catch him. The bludgers were dodge balls, and the main ball was a basket ball. U had to run and throw it in the gole at the end of the field. The rules were just like in the books as stuff. It was fun to watch

Showing 1-11 of 11