ForumsThe TavernShould the CFL and NFL be combined?

10 2591
auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

I was just talking to my friend about this and I think they shouldn't. What do you guys think? Should they merge into one big league, or will there be too many teams then. Try to provide reasons why they shouldn't or should.

• 10 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

The CFL is the Canadian football league, right?

If so then they should not be combined. They have different rules so there would be problems that would arise.

CJohnson81
CJohnson81
36 posts
Nomad

No.. let the two leagues play on there own. It would be stupid to combine two leagues. That means more money, more players, more everything. It would be a bad idea...

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,124 posts
Blacksmith

I agree, I think they should just be left alone. I don't really think either country would agree to having a North American (-Mexico) Football League.

Have you seen a Canadian vs American hockey game? Those get pretty rough. I'd hate to see what would happen during a football game.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

I really doubt that the CFL teams would be any good in the NFL. So nope dont combine them.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

No. It doesn't even sound right. Listen:

And now, from Heinz Field on Monday Night... THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

WOOOO!

AND THE VANCOUVER PENGUINS!!!

WOOOO-EH!

PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,707 posts
Nomad

I really doubt that the CFL teams would be any good in the NFL. So nope dont combine them.

Funny considering the fact that CFL has three downs and NFL has four downs. I think this is because American teams don't have the skills to get it in three.
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

Nah, it would be a bad idea. Knowing the Canadians, they would probably drench the ball in maple syrup before the game.

jk...

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Maybe they could form a universal league and play a few games for a continental championship or something, but I think the normal leagues should stay.

American teams don't have the skills to get it in three

lol
auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

The only thing that bothers me is that the NFL stands for National Football League. So it's kinda saying that the league is made up of all N.A. I think they should change their name to American Football league, like the CFL.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

The only thing that bothers me is that the NFL stands for National Football League. So it's kinda saying that the league is made up of all N.A. I think they should change their name to American Football league, like the CFL.

Nation dosen't mean Continent. It did used to be the AFL, but that could imply all of North America (Canada, USA, and Mexico). National implys that it's only for 1 nation (USA). I think you contradicted yourself.
Showing 1-10 of 10